Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mesquite, TX
Bill Zook’s dedication to defending people’s rights began during his service as a captain in the U.S. Army, during which he earned the Purple Heart and the Silver Star for his bravery. Now, with over 35 years of experience defending consumers and injured clients, Mr. Zook, an associate with Ted Lyon & Associates, continues to be one of Texas’s most effective personal injury attorneys. He represents clients in Mesquite and Dallas, devoting the majority of his attention to litigation in areas such as personal injury, medical malpractice, products liability, professional negligence and wrongful death. Board certified in personal injury trial law and civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Zook has more than 100 jury successes under his belt.
High academic achievement was the cornerstone of Mr. Zook’s career. He received his Bachelor of Science in English from the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he was on the dean’s list. He then went on to earn his Juris Doctor from The University of Texas School of Law in 1976, where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi. He is admitted to practice law in the state of Texas; before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas; and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits.
Mr. Zook’s high reputation has earned him the recognition of his peers, with the highest possible rating of AV-Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He is an active member of several associations, including the Dallas and Mesquite bar associations, the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the American Association for Justice.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Bill Zook
First Admitted: 1977, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.tedlyon.com/attorneys/bill-zook/
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law
- Texas, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1990
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- Mesquite Bar Association
- Advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review RatedTM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent LawyersTM
- Phi Delta Phi, The University of Texas School of Law, 1976
- United States Military Academy, B.S. in English, Dean's List
Last Updated: 5/15/2022