J. Dennis Weitzel
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Mesquite, TX
- Free Consultation
J. Dennis Weitzel is an attorney at Ted B. Lyon & Associates, a law firm located in Mesquite, Texas. Mr. Weitzel has more than 38 years of experience handling plaintiff personal injury, products liability, toxic tort and wrongful death matters. He serves a client base throughout Dallas and across the country.
Mr. Weitzel has been a licensed attorney in the state of Texas since 1981 and is admitted before all Texas state courts. He is also licensed in Florida and before many federal courts. He graduated from the University of Texas School of Law and is board certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a strong advocate for victims of negligence and ensures they receive adequate compensation.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Weitzel has served as lead attorney in over 75 cases that have been tried to verdict. He has earned an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest available rating from the organization. He is also a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Dallas Chapter.
Additionally, Mr. Weitzel and the other attorneys at Ted B. Lyon & Associates have been recognized by various groups for their contributions to the legal profession. These groups include the National Trial Lawyers and Newsweek.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Weitzel enjoys giving back to the Dallas community. He has sat on the boards of the Parkland Foundation and the Union Gospel Mission.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 40%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10%Construction Litigation: Business
Asbestos, Toxic Torts
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2021 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Civil Trial Law
About J. Dennis Weitzel
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.tedlyon.com/about/dennis-weitzel/
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Executive Committee, Dallas Chapter, 1999, 2007 - 2008
- Super Lawyer, Product Liability, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- AV rating, Competency and Ethics, Martindale-Hubbell
- Elected to the Dallas Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida, 2011
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member, Union Gospel Mission
- Board Member, Parkland Hospital Foundation, 1992
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Last Updated: 5/15/2022