Christine M. Schwartz
Top rated Family Law attorney in Midland, TexasNavarrete & Schwartz, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2008
Education: Texas Tech University School of Law
Navarrete & Schwartz, P.C.505 North Loraine Street
Midland, TX 79701 Visit website
A co-founder and member of Navarrete & Schwartz, P.C., Christine M. Schwartz divides her practice between criminal defense and family law matters. From the firm's office in Midland, Texas, she represents clients in the Midland-Odessa metropolitan area and other parts of west Texas who are facing state misdemeanor or felony charges. The types of matters that Ms. Schwartz has handled have included burglary, theft, domestic violence, driving under the influence, sexual assault and drug possession. With the help of her partner, Rick A. Navarrete, and the team at Navarrete & Schwartz, P.C., they have been successful in obtaining acquittals and favorable plea agreements for her criminal defense clients.
In her family law practice, Ms. Schwartz provides advice and counsel to people who are facing the end of their marriage and are dealing with related issues such as child custody and visitation, complex asset and debt division, and spousal and child support. While she is a fierce advocate in the courtroom, she often encourages her clients to pursue mediation if and when appropriate. Other family law matters that Ms. Schwartz has experience in include paternity disputes, contempt actions, and adoptions. She also helps to obtain protective orders for clients who have been the victims of domestic violence.
Ms. Schwartz attended Vanderbilt University as an undergraduate and received a bachelor's degree in sociology and communications studies. She then pursued her legal education at Texas Tech University School of Law and participated in several advocacy competitions before being awarded her Juris Doctor. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts and before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, Ms. Schwartz is a member of the Texas State Bar College and several other professional groups.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, Felony, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Probation, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://nstexaslaw.com/lawyer/Christine-Schwartz_cp12358.htm
- Basic Mediation Training
- Advance Family and Divorce Mediation Training
- State Bar of Texas-Family Law Section
- State Bar College of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Attorney Association
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Midland County Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, Majors: Sociology and Communication Studies
- Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS - Gold Recipient, Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS , 2022
- Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS - Silver Recipient , Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS , 2020
- Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS - Gold Recipient, Midland Reporter Telegram's Readers Choices BEST LAW FIRMS , 2021
- 2019 Litigator of the Year in Family Lay by the American Institute of Trial Lawyers , Litigator of the Year - Family Law , American Institute of Trial Lawyers , 2019
- 2019 recipient of 10 Best Law Firm - Family by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. , 10 Best Law Firms - Family , American Institute of Family Law Attorneys , 2019
- 2018 Ten Best Law Firms - Texas by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. , Ten Best Law Firms - Texas, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. , 2018
- 2018 Recipient recognizing excellence in Family and Divorce Law. , Lawyers of Distinction in Family and Divorce Law , Lawyers of Distinction , 2018
- 2017 Ten Best Law Firms - Texas by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. , 10 Best Law Firms-Texas, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
Office location for Christine M. Schwartz
505 North Loraine Street
Midland, TX 79701
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Christine has already been named a rising star. She is an asset to the profession and commands respect from lawyers and judges. Her clients love her and trust her.”
“Christine is a top-notch family lawyer. She is kind, compassionate, and fiercely advocates for her clients. Midland is lucky to have her in our community.”