Douglas L. Wilder
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Plano, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004 - 2006
Licensed to practice in Texas since 1994, Douglas L. Wilder is a zealous criminal defense attorney serving Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties. When he founded the Wilder Law Firm in 2000, he envisioned a practice that offered personalized services and treated clients with empathy, nobleness and compassion.
A skilled litigator, Mr. Wilder is fully prepared to argue cases at trial. He understands that life may spin out of control when accused of a criminal charge and fights for the constitutional rights and best interests of his clients from the start to the end of every case. He helps his clients feel at ease by remaining available to them at all times and answering a million questions racing through their heads.
The criminal cases Mr. Wilder has handled over the course of his 28-year-old career involve felony DUIs, traffic offenses, domestic violence, aggravated assault, sexual abuse, prostitution, child pornography, drug possession and manufacturing, child abuse, intoxication manslaughter and more. He has been successful in securing many dismissals and not-guilty verdicts for his clients in several cities and counties throughout Texas.
An honors graduate of Texas A&M University, Mr. Wilder obtained his Bachelor of Science in 1991. He then earned a doctorate in law from South Texas College of Law Houston in 1994.
Mr. Wilder has prosecuted thousands of driving while influenced (DWI) cases in his five years as a prosecutor at the Denton County and Dallas County Criminal District Attorney’s Office. Equipped with this experience, he thoroughly investigates his clients’ cases and finds evidence to effectively fight the prosecution. He is also a certified field sobriety test instructor and has taught field sobriety testing courses to students across the country.
Some of the organizations Mr. Wilder is affiliated with include the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
As a result of his accomplishments and dedication, Mr. Wilder has been rated “Superb” through Avvo and named to the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list by D Magazine.
About Douglas L. Wilder
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://wilderfirm.com/attorneys/doug-wilder/
- Texas A&M University – B.S. 1991
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of DUI Defense
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- The truth is that Texas drug crimes can have serious ramifications and a significant impact on your life. I will fi… https://t.co/KGOisXUHve
- DRINK BEER WE MUST! Happy National Beer Day 🍻 #thewilderlawfirm #dontworrybehoppy #criminaldefense https://t.co/4MalbISlWw
- When being accused of a crime in Texas, you need The Wilder Law Firm on your side – to get the facts straight and t… https://t.co/HkkfmZGP5j
- Happy Saint Patrick's Day🍀 #DriveSober #defenseattorney #thewilderlawfirm https://t.co/w2RY9klPSH
- Facts, Questions, and ANSWERS about Texas domestic violence charges. #thewilderlawfirm #criminaldefense https://t.co/bGuflntFnF
Last Updated: 5/31/2022