Top rated Family Law attorney in Plano, TexasThe Shapiro Law Firm
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense
Licensed in Texas since: 1973
The founder of The Shapiro Law Firm in Plano, Texas, Howard Shapiro has four decades of rich legal experience that includes serving as a municipal court judge and as an assistant district attorney for Collin County. Mr. Shapiro has built a strong reputation among judges and opposing lawyers as a skilled, aggressive and staunch advocate and litigator on behalf of his criminal defense and family law clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and throughout Collin County. His trial record in thousands of jury and non-jury cases, including high-profile cases and cases involving complex legal issues, makes him a highly sought-after source of insight and opinion by both the media and members of the legal community.
Following graduation from the University of Texas at Austin in 1970, Mr. Shapiro entered the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in Dallas, from which he graduated with a Juris Doctor. He was subsequently admitted to practice law before the state courts in Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Shapiro's firm belief in being active in the local community is reflected in his professional and civic association memberships that include being a member of the board of directors of the Dallas Home for Jewish Aged, vice chairman of the Anti-Defamation League Southwest Region and past president of the bar associations for Plano and Collin counties. Other organizations in which he has served as an officer or member of the board of directors include United Way, the Plano Rotary Club, the Plano Independent School District, the Plano Sports Authority and the Plano Chamber of Commerce.
Thirty years after he founded his firm, then called Shapiro Law Associates, Howard Shapiro welcomed his son Todd Shapiro as a partner and changed the firm's name. Mr. Shapiro is married to state Senator Florence Shapiro, and they have three children.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense
- 50% Family Law
- 50% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1973, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.theshapirolawfirm.com/Attorneys/Howard-Shapiro.sh...
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member, The University of Texas at Austin Men's Athletic Council
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Dallas Memorial Center for Holocaust Studies
- Past President, Plano Rotary Club
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Plano Sports Authority
- Vice Chairman, Anti-Defamation League Southwest Region
- Past President, Board of Trustees, Plano Independent School District
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Practical Parent Education
- Board of Directors, Dallas Home for Jewish Aged
- Past Member, Board of Directors, United Way
- Texas, 1973
- Past President, Collin County Bar Association
- Past President, Plano Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- Named "Best Lawyer of the Year - Criminal Defense" by D. Magazine, 2003 - 2003
- "Reader" Choice Award - Family Law Attorney
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, Degree in Accounting, 1970
Office location for Howard Shapiro
701 East 15th Street
Plano, TX 75086
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2005, 2014 - 2018