Top rated Real Estate attorney in Plano, TexasLaw Office of John S. Unell
Practice Areas: Real Estate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1986
Attorney at Law at the Law Office of John S. Unell, John Unell represents clients in Plano, Texas, in matters of consumer real estate and business real estate law. Although he is based in Plano, he also represents those throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area. Whether it is a lease, sale, purchase, dispute, litigation or negotiation, his focus is centered on real estate law so he can give his clients with real issues the real answers when it comes to real estate.
The Texas Board of Legal Specialization named Mr. Unell a board-certified attorney in commercial real estate law and resident real estate law in 1996 and he's maintained his board certifications ever since. His clients include those from the following real estate categories: sellers, commercial and residential landlords, purchasers, Deed and title holders, HOA and HOA members, commercial tenants, contractors, subcontractors and brokers.
At the University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Unell earned a Bachelor of Arts, graduating with special honors before moving on to law school at Southern Methodist University. In 1985, he graduated with his Juris Doctor and he currently has an Avvo “Superb” rating as a Top Attorney in Real Estate. D Magazine has also included him more than once on the list of Best Lawyers in Dallas.
Mr. Unell is a member of the following sections of the State Bar of Texas: Construction Law Section and the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section. To give back to his community, he's participated on a monthly basis for the last couple of decades at the legal clinic for Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, helping those who need legal help, but are unable to afford it.
Practice areasReal Estate: Consumer, Real Estate: Business
Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant
- 50% Real Estate: Consumer
- 50% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://unelllaw.com/attorney/
- Member of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law and the Construction Law sections of the State Bar of Texas
- Prior Member of The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Southern Methodist University Law School - Juris Doctor, 1985
- University of Texas at Austin - BA in Government with Special Honors, 1982
- Named as Texas Super Lawyer from 2003 through 2006 and from 2019 through 2022, Super Lawyers, https://www.superlawyers.com/texas/toplists/, 2022
- Named to D Magazine’s list of Best Lawyers in Dallas in 2015 and 2016., D Magazine - Best Lawyers in Dallas, https://directory.dmagazine.com/search/?sections=Lawyers&categories=Real+Estate, 2016
- Monthly active participant with Legal Aid of Northwest Texas at their legal clinic in Plano, Texas (on the third Thursday of each month) for the last couple of decades. Providing pro bono assistance to those who can't afford representation., 2023
- Board Certified - Residential Real Estate Law - By the Texas Board of Legal Specialization - Since 1996, 2023
- Board Certified - Commercial Real Estate Law - By the Texas Board of Legal Specialization - since 1996, 2023
- Brokers and Contractors
- Commercial Tenants
- Deed and Title holders
- HOA and HOA Members
- Residential and Commercial Landlords
Office location for John Unell
5700 Tennyson Pkwy
Plano, TX 75024
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2006, 2019 - 2023