Liset Lefebvre Martinez
Top rated Immigration attorney in Plano, TexasLefebvre Law Firm, PLLC
Liset Lefebvre Martinez is an immigration attorney at Lefebvre Law Firm, PLLC, in Plano, Texas. The managing partner at the firm, she has over 16 years of experience in the legal field. Focusing her practice on nationality law and immigration law, her clients include individuals, athletes, entrepreneurs, models, small businesses and artists worldwide.
Ms. Martinez is Board-Certified as a specialist in immigration and nationality law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Dedicated and persistent, she fights aggressively for her clients with matters related to citizenship and naturalization, marriage-based immigration, business immigration, bond hearings and deportation defense. She knows the emotional nature of these kinds of issues and serves as a compassionate and zealous advocate for her clients, providing customized strategies for each unique case.
Graduating with president’s list and dean’s list honors, Ms. Martinez has a Bachelor of Business Administration from The University of Texas at El Paso. In 2005, she obtained her Juris Doctor with dean’s list honors from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. In law school, she received many awards and accolades for her performance, including the Clarence Bartholic Award, the American Jurisprudence Award in Legal Ethics and inclusion in the Who's Who Among American Law Students list.
In 2003, Ms. Martinez attended the University College London, Faculty of Laws, in London, England, and pursued a semester there, majoring in comparative law and transnational litigation. She is licensed to practice in Texas and before the Supreme Court of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Affiliated actively with the legal community, Ms. Martinez has memberships in the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Texas Bar College, where she is an honorary member. She is also a treasurer at the Dallas Bar Association’s Immigration Law Section and a fellow at the Texas Bar Foundation. She was chosen to be a part of the Dallas Bar Association’s WE LEAD program on Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession and is the Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs.
Honored for her extensive work in the field of immigration law, Ms. Martinez has received many accolades and recognition, including being named on the Best Lawyers list by D Magazine and receiving a 10/10 rating on Avvo. The American Institute of Legal Counsel listed her as one of the 10 Best Immigration Attorneys in Texas for exceptional and outstanding client service. She has also received Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award for multiple years.
Practice areasImmigration: Consumer, Immigration: Business
Naturalization & Citizenship
- 70% Immigration: Consumer
- 30% Immigration: Business
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.lefelegal.com/attorney/lefebvre-martinez-liset/
- , D Magazine "Best Lawyers 2023"
- Received award for exceptional and outstanding client service, 10 Best Immigration Attorneys - Texas: Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2019
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2021
- Client’s Choice Award, Top Rated AVVO Attorney, Avvo, 2012 - Present
- 10 BEST Immigration Attorneys in Texas, American Institute of Legal Counsel for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, 2019
- 2020 DBA WE LEAD program, Women Empowered to Lead in the Legal Profession
- Best Lawyers, D Magazine, 2021- 2023, 2023
- , Super Lawyers, 2021 - 2023, 2023
- Dallas Bar Association, Immigration Law Section Treasurer, 2022 to Present
- Texas Bar College Honorary Member
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Served as the AILA Dallas Section Coordinator (2011-2012, 2018-2022)
- EOIR Oakdale Immigration Court Liaison (2015-2016)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2008 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, Present
- Texas Bar Association, Member, Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- University College of London, Faculty of Laws, London, Major: Comparative Law and Transnational Litigation
- University of Texas at El Paso, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Texas Bar College, 2018
- Board Certified Attorney in Immigration and Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
Office location for Liset Lefebvre Martinez
5700 Tennyson Pkwy
Plano, TX 75024
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Immigration and Nationality Law