G. David Smith
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Rockwall, TexasSmith & Lee, Lawyers, PC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1983
Education: Texas Tech University School of Law
Smith & Lee, Lawyers, PC702 North Goliad
Rockwall, TX 75087 Visit website
G. David Smith is the founder and managing partner of Smith & Lee, Lawyers, P.C., in Rockwall, Texas. He has been Board-Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a Personal Injury Trial Attorney since 1990. G. David and his partner, Ryan Lee, represent clients who have suffered serious injuries or death due to gas explosions, defective products, auto accidents, motorcycle injuries, truck accidents, premises defects, and oil field accidents. These two lawyers and their experienced legal staff focus their practice solely on personal injury trial law.
Since receiving his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1983, G. David has tried cases in both state and federal courts throughout the state of Texas. He thoroughly researches all the facts of his clients' cases and utilizes state-of-the-art technology to more effectively defend his clients before judges and juries. Because of this in-depth approach, David has obtained numerous successful verdicts on behalf of his clients, including verdicts in cases that were originally rejected by other lawyers.
G. David is on the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors as the Director for District 1. He is a past president of the Rockwall Bar Association and is currently an active member of the association. He maintains membership with the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Locally, G. David serves on the Board of Directors of the Rockwall Grace Center for Family and Community Development and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Northeast Texas Community Development Corporation d/b/a Rockwall Housing Development Corporation. He also serves as chairman of the City of Rockwall Board of Adjustments.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Mediation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://smithandlee.com/about/
- G. David Smith graduated from Muleshoe High School in 1976. He attended college in Odessa, Texas at both Odessa College and the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, from which he graduated with honors. Smith attended law school at Texas Tech University and graduated with a Juris Doctor Degree in 1983. Smith became Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law in 1990.
- Director, Rockwall Grace Center for Family and Community Development d/ba Grace Clinic.
- Past SPRC Chair, First United Methodist Church of Rockwall
- President/Board Member, Rockwall County Housing Development Corporation
- Chairman, City of Rockwall Board of Adjustments
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Recertified continuously since 1990., 1990
- Explosion case settlement for confidential amount. Smith & Lee represented the estate of a gentleman severely injured in an gas explosion who later died of his injuries., 2010
- Auto collision. Fractured neck vertebrae, no paralysis with no surgery. $310,000.00., 2022
- Motorcycle-truck collision, wrongful death, settled for a confidential amount., 2019
- See firm website
- Rear end auto collision settled for $265,000.00., 2018
- Electrocution case settled for confidential amount., 2017
- Motorcycle collision, wrongful death, settled for confidential amount., 2019
- We assist people in need of help. Victims of negligence are our clients.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2023
- President, Rockwall County Bar Association, 2006
- State Bar of Texas Board of Directors, Director from District 1., 2021
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1983
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1983
- Presentation to local bar associations regarding how to prepare for and participate in a mediation., Presenter, 10 Things That Will Keep Your Case From Settling at Mediation, 2023
- Presentation for the Rockwall Bar Association , Presenter, What Your State Bar Does for You, 2021
- Presentation at the Rockwall Bar Association regarding TCPRC 18.001 and other damage proof issues., Presenter, Changes Regarding Proof of Damages and Evidence, 2021
- Victims Of Negligence
Office location for G. David Smith
702 North Goliad
Rockwall, TX 75087
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2011, 2016 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“David has been my mentor for over 8 years, but he also mentors attorneys outside of the firm and makes himself available to everyone. He is also locally very active in many charitable organizations and a great example of the legal profession to the community. He always seems to be able to solve problems and think creatively and get the hard cases won.”
“G. David Smith has been my mentor for the last seven years. He is not just committed to practicing law with knowledge and compassion, but with ethics and integrity. I have seen him provide free advice, reduce fee's, and take on cases that no one else would take because it was simply the right thing to do. He is tenacious and simultaneously respectful in and out of the courtroom and is a credit to the highest aspirations of our profession.”