Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Round Rock, TX
Lisa Richardson is an accomplished attorney and mediator. She has extensive litigation experience, as well as expertise on multi-party negotiation and mediation. Her practice centers on family law and mediation. She specializes in finding simple, practical and cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
Ms. Richardson formerly served for ten years as an Assistant Attorney General in the Texas Office of the Attorney General, representing various State Agencies in environmental matters. This included trial work, mediation and negotiation for numerous agencies in state courts. Among her accomplishments were successful resolutions of cases involving drinking water, water quality, air pollution, municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, oil and gas, natural resource damages, and pesticide enforcement. For the last several years, Ms. Richardson's practice has been devoted to family law: divorce, child custody, child support, and other family possession and access law issues.
A respected leader in the legal community, Ms. Richardson has served as an officer and Member of the Board of the Texas Young Lawyers Association; as a board member for the State Bar of Texas; and as board member and officer of the Williamson County Bar Association. She has been active as well on various committees including past Chair of the Law Focused Advisory Inc., Board of Directors and past Chair of the State Bar Grievance Committee for District 8.
Ms. Richardson is dedicated to also serving the local community. She is a past board member for Women Impacting the Nation; a past President of the Round Rock Volunteer Center; a past member of the Board of the Round Rock Chamber of Commerce and is active in her local PTA and other school related activities with her children.
Over the years, Ms. Richardson received numerous professional awards and recognitions. Some of the recognitions include: State Bar President’s award’ Member of the Year and Professional Excellence from the Williamson County Bar Association; President’s Award from both Austin Young Lawyers and Texas Young Lawyers; and, multiple Awards of Merit from Texas Young Lawyers Association.
Ms. Richardson received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law and her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Texas at Austin. She lives in Round Rock, Texas with her husband and two children.
About Lisa Richardson
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.lrfamilylawtx.com/lisa.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former Direcotor - Williamson County United Way
- Former Diretor Round Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Williamson County Inns of Court
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation and Austin Bar Foundation
- Former Board Member of the Austin Young Lawyers Assocation
- Former Officer and Director Williamson County Bar Assocation
- Former Director State Bar Board of Directors
- Former Director and Officer of the Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Texas, 1991
- Received for work on Law Related Education Project, State Bar President's Award, State Bar of Texas, 2014
- Recognition for services to the legal profession., Professional Excellence Award, Williamson County Bar Association, 2015
- For work on bar assocation projects, Member of the Year, Williamson County Bar Association, 2013
- Credentialed Advanced Mediators - Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022