Allan B. Polunsky
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in San Antonio, TX
The founder and managing partner of Polunsky Beitel Green, LLP, Allen B. Polunsky has been certified as a specialist in both residential real estate law and commercial real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1983. He focuses his practice on real estate issues, representing clients throughout the state from the firm’s offices in San Antonio and Dallas. He is admitted to practice in Texas and before the Supreme Court of the United States.
The primary portion of Mr. Polunsky’s practice involves his representation of residential mortgage lenders. He prepares and reviews complete mortgage loan closing documents; advises them on compliance with federal, state and other applicable regulations; and provides legal advice and counsel on other concerns relating to the operation of their businesses. Some of the matters that Mr. Polunsky has handled in addition to traditional mortgage transactions have included reverse mortgage loans, disclosure documents, home equity lines of credit, and Federal Housing Administration 203(k) loans that cover both the purchase price and the cost of needed repairs and improvements.
Mr. Polunsky’s experience has also encompassed lien releases, the preparation of warranty deeds, loan modifications and subordinations, powers of attorney, and opinion letters, and he has served as outside counsel to mortgage brokers in addition to lenders. The high quality of his work in all of these endeavors has earned him numerous honors and awards, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
A former president of the Texas Association of Mortgage Attorneys, Inc., Mr. Polunsky’s other professional memberships have included the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and the San Antonio Bar Association. He is active in his community as well, having served on the board of several civic organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Real Estate: Business
Mortgage & Refinance
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2006 - 2022
Articles about Allan B. Polunsky appearing in Super Lawyers
About Allan B. Polunsky
First Admitted: 1975, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.mortgagelaw.com/people/allanpolunsky.asp
- Former President, Texas Association of Mortgage Attorneys; San Antonio Bar Association; State Bar of Texas (Member – Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section); American Bar Association
- Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
Pro bono/Community Service
- Texas Public Safety Commission (Chairman, 2007-Present); Finance Commission of Texas (2003-2007); Texas Board of Criminal Justice (Member, 1987-2000 and Chairman, 1995-2000); San Antonio River Authority Board of Directors (1981-1993); San Antonio Zoning Commission (Member, 1979-1987 and Chairman, 1982-1985); San Antonio Planning Commission (1982-1985); President, City of San Antonio Industrial Development Authority (1979-1981); Texas Mortgage Bankers Association; Past Board Member of the Texas Lyceum Association; Past Board Member of the Special Olympics of Texas; Past Board Member of the San Antonio Food Bank
- Board Certified in Residential Real Estate Law and Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1983-Present
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; Listed in Who's Who in American Real Estate.
- , Texas Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Who’s Who in American Real Estate
- In recognition of exceptional and outstanding service to the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association and the mortgage banking industry., Larry E Temple Award, Texas Mortgage Bankers Association, 2007
- Texas Association Of Mortgage Attorneys
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022