Representing clients in the San Antonio metro area, attorney David L. Treat works as of counsel at the Davis Law Firm in San Antonio, Texas. He assists people with various personal injury matters, including the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dram shop laws
- Construction accidents
- Trucking accidents
Certified in civil trial law and personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Treat is an accomplished attorney with more than 35 years of experience. He serves a diverse range of clients with issues such as first-party insurance liability claims, and he also offers commercial litigation services, involving legal matters related to breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty and fraudulent real estate transactions.
Graduating from Trinity University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1981, Mr. Treat went on to pursue his legal studies at the Washington and Lee University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor degree in 1984. Licensed to practice in Texas and New York since 1985, his other bar admissions include the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the U.S. District Court for the Western and Southern Districts of Texas and the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Treat is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been endorsed by his peers and adversaries alike for his competency and excellent courtroom demeanor, and he fiercely advocates for his clients to get them the justice and compensation they deserve.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
- Board- certified in Personal Injury Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State of New York
- Trinity University, B.A., History and Political Science, 1981
Office location for David L. Treat
10500 Heritage Boulevard
San Antonio, TX 78216
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
Certificates and credentials
Civil Trial Law