Dennis C. Peery
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in San Antonio, TX
- Free Consultation
One of the founders of The Law Offices of Tyler & Peery, Dennis C. Peery focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Located in San Antonio, he has been certified as a specialist in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 1988, Mr. Peery is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Mr. Peery represents people in the greater San Antonio metropolitan area and throughout the state who have been grievously harmed as the direct result of the negligence of other persons or entities. Among the types of cases that he has worked are construction site accidents, oil field explosions, motor vehicle crashes, auto-pedestrian accidents, premises liability and defective products. During his distinguished career, Mr. Peery has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for his clients through both jury awards and negotiated settlements, and this successful track record has earned him a great deal of recognition from his colleagues. His honors have included an AV Preeminent peer review rating* through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” rating through Avvo.
Born and raised in Texas, Mr. Peery attended Texas A&M University as an undergraduate, majoring in Business Management before receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration in 1983. He then pursued his legal studies at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, and he graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1988. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Peery was an assistant district attorney with the Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted felonies and misdemeanors. He is a member and Past President Of The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and of the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association (SATLA) and an active member of the Texas Trial Lawyer's Association and several other professional organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Dennis C. Peery
First Admitted: 1988, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.tylerandpeery.com/attorney/dennis-peery/
- AV Preeminent® Peer-Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell since 2007, 2018, Board Certified since 1996 in Personal Injury Trial Law, Fellow, San Antonio Bar Foundation
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2014, 2016-2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church of Devine, Texas, Life Teen Program, Team Member
- Little League, Coach
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church of Devine, Texas, Finance Council, President
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church of Devine, Texas
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1996 - Present
- ABOTA, American Board of Trial Advocates, President 2020
- ABOTA, American Board of Trial Advocates, Member and Officer since 2010
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- President, Frio County, Texas Emergency Services District Board that Oversees Fire Protection and Emergency Services for Frio County, TX, 2013 - 2015
- Texas, 1988
- Past Member, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
- Officer and Member, American Association for Justice
- Past President, San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, 2005
- Member and Officer, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1991
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., 1983
Last Updated: 5/15/2022