Dennis L. Richard
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Attorney Dennis L. Richard is Board Certified in personal injury and civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Possessing more than 42 years of successful trial experience, Mr. Richard has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of plaintiff personal injury clients and their families across the state.
In addition to handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from car, truck and motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, defective products and other acts of negligence, Mr. Richard represents employees who experienced sex discrimination, wrongful termination or other serious grievances in the workplace. A staunch advocate for justice, Mr. Richard fights hard to assert his clients’ rights and entitlements while helping them secure the most favorable outcomes possible for their situations.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Richard has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and awards for those he has served, earning his membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he has served as lead counsel on a number of cases that set new precedents in personal injury and employment law.
Recognized as among the Top One Percent of attorneys in the country by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Mr. Richard holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and The National Trial Lawyers voted him as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas.
A 1973 cum laude graduate of Tulane University, Mr. Richard obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Houston Law Center in 1976. That same year, the State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice, and he is also licensed to practice in New Mexico. In addition, he can legally practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Richard served as Jefferson County Assistant District Attorney, and he also served as an FBI special agent in Mobile, Alabama. He is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association and the El Paso Bar Association, as well as the State Bar of Texas.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2007 - 2016, 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Civil Trial Law
About Dennis L. Richard
First Admitted: 1976, Texas
- Rank of Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Super Lawyer
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in Personal Injury and Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science, Honors: cum laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1973
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1976
- Bar Association of San Antonio, Member
- New Mexico
- Bar Association of El Paso, Member
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member, 1986
Last Updated: 3/11/2022