John K. Boyce, III
Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Attorney John K. Boyce, III, is the founder of Boyce Law in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Boyce has more than three decades of experience in business and corporate law as well as creditor and debtor rights, estate planning and probate. He serves clients in San Antonio and throughout Bexar County with his skills in litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
During his years in practice, Mr. Boyce has represented a variety of businesses, assisting in areas including business formation, maintenance and transactions. He has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 1978 and is also admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Boyce holds a bachelor’s degree from The University of Texas at Austin and earned his law degree from The University of Texas at Austin School of Law. He has served as an arbitration panelist for the American Arbitration Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution and as an adjunct professor at Pepperdine University School of Law’s Strauss School of Dispute Resolution. Through his accomplishments, Mr. Boyce has earned an AV Preeminent* rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible.
Mr. Boyce is passionate about staying involved in other professional groups as well. He is a fellow in the College of Commercial Arbitrators and a lifetime fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation and belongs to additional groups including the San Antonio Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Association of Attorney-Mediators and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
John is also an author and co-author of numerous publications. (See John's website link below for more information.) https://boycelaw.net/presentations_and_publications.html
- 50%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Closely Held Business
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Arbitration, Mediation, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Collections
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About John K. Boyce, III
First Admitted: 1978, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://boycelaw.net
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Economics, with High Honors, 1975
Pro bono/Community Service
- Leadership Donor, AAAICDRFoundation, 2021
- Sustaining Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Volunteer, Community Justice Project, San Antonio Bar Association, 2012
- Chair, State Bar of Texas Minimum Continuing Education Committee (MCLE), 2021
- Chair, Public Policy Committee, College of Commercial Arbitrators (CCA), 2021
- Fellow, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member, Continuing Education Committee, State Bar of Texas, 2010-2016
- U.S. District Court | Western, Southern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Past Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar, 1978
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
- College of the State Bar
- Member, Minimum Continuing Education Committee, State Bar of Texas, 2016-2022 (Chair 2019-2022)
- U.S. Court of Appeals | Fifth Circuit
- Association of Attorney-Mediators (AAM)
- MEDIATION & COLLABORATIVE LAW
Last Updated: 7/19/2022