Lisa A. Vance
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Lisa Vance is a trial lawyer who, in her 35 years of service, has won significant verdicts for companies with challenging disputes. These include dangerous vicarious liability claims of sexual assault and murder, as well as document-intensive national litigation. Ms.Vance has tried first impression cases at all levels of state and federal courts throughout the southwest, arguing emergent theories of law in trial and on appeal.
Over the last decade, Ms. Vance's practice has included a central focus on family and marital disputes. She promotes a gentler focus on marital termination, convinced that a family's energies should be spent on the healthy development of children, rather than concentrating on maraital angst. NMs. Vance works closely with mental health providers, so that clients can heal, rather than continue to wound those they do, and have, loved. As a result the firm promotes collaborative law for marital disputes, whenever appropriate. When necessary, however, to protect framilies, Ms. Vance's trial skills successfully promote the best interest of her clients and their children.
When that happens, Lisa is a fierce advocate and a force to be reckoned with. She will fully focus on the court's ability to protect victims - and employs creative safety plans to diminish reisks for the wounded.
Lisa A. Vance is the principal attorney of The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.,serving San Antonio, Texas, and surrounding areas. At The Law Office of Lisa A. Vance, P.C.,
The hard work and dedication of Ms. Vance have not gone unrecognized. She has an AV Preeminent rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and the VIP Division of the National Association of Professional Women honored her with the “Woman of the Year” award in 2010, 2011 and 2012. S.A. Scene magazine also has placed her on its “Best Family Lawyers in San Antonio” list in 2006 and each year after. These outstanding awards and the satisfaction of clients continue to drive Ms. Vance to serve the people of San Antonio with exceptional distinction.
Ms. Vance’s road to service began by earning a Bachelor of Arts at The University of Texas at Austin where she graduated with honors in 1977. Ms. Vance then continued her education by earning a Juris Doctor at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas in 1981.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.”
Adoption, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2004, 2016 - 2018
About Lisa A. Vance
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.lisavancelaw.com/The-Team/
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1986
- The University of Texas at Austin in 1977, BA - Bachelor of Arts, Honors: With Honors Major: English Literature: Concentration on Medieval and Renaissance Literature
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono Law Project
- Community Justice Program, 2010 - 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Bar Register of Pre-eminent women lawyers: Ms Vance has received this prestigious Award, every year since the inception in 2010.
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Woman of the Year (by the VIP Division of NAPEW):2010,2011,2012
- Listed in "Best Lawyers in America": 2003,2004,2005,2006
- In 2011 a special award was given for 15 years of AV rating. Ms. Vance continues to receive the AV rating every year., AV rated: EVERY YEAR SINCE 1996, 1996
- By Avvo.com. The highest rating of 10: every year since 2009 Expert Advice When You Need It Most.
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law: Every year since 2006.According to "Scene in S.A. Monthly." In 2012 Ms Vance was listed in two categories: Family law and Litigation.
- Woman of the Year (for the field of the practice of family law): 2008 & 2009, National Association of Professional Women
- The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Awarded Ms Vance Top 10, 2015
- The Bar Register of Pre-eminent Lawyers: EVERY year since 1996. A Martindale-Hubble service
- Texas Super Lawyers: 2003,2004, 2016 a Thomson Reuters service
- National Association of Professional & Executive Women 2007,2008.
- Listed in "Best Lawyers in the U.S." : 2007,2008
- Summer camp brings incredible memories for kids … but also significant bills for parents. Here are some thoughts on… https://t.co/N8gUfA4d1r
- Here’s an interesting concept being floated by one legislator involving whether a father should pay child support e… https://t.co/EoAU4Z9PYr
- Good news: Taxes aren’t due today; they’re due Monday. Bad news: They’re still due! If you’re getting divorced, o… https://t.co/lvEbiPTrw3
- Divorce is complicated. Taxes are complicated. Put them together, and you should probably just read this.… https://t.co/celvIiHNC2
- April 1 is approaching, and the divorced parents you know are well aware. Here’s why: https://t.co/drdb3g8Der https://t.co/NNTNTiQGve
Last Updated: 12/26/2021