Michael V. Galo, Jr.
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004
A labor lawyer in San Antonio, Texas, Michael V. Galo Jr. dedicates his practice to all areas of federal and state employment and labor law. Areas of particular focus relate to the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Texas Workers' Compensation Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. With more than 18 years of experience, Mr. Galo also has extensive experience representing management in matters relating to the National Labor Relations Act, including union-organizing campaigns, collective bargaining and union arbitrations. Mr. Galo is the principal of his firm, The Galo Law Firm P.C.
Mr. Galo has handled numerous cases and matters involving non-competition agreements, covenants of confidentiality, and the protection of trade secrets under both state and federal law. Having significant jury trial experience, Mr. Galo has tried a number of employment discrimination and retaliation cases to verdict in state and federal court.
About Michael V. Galo, Jr.
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.galolawfirm.com/Attorney-Profiles/Michael-V-Galo-...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Available upon request
- Member, American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1995
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1994
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas, 1995 - Present
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Texas, 1994
- Member, Board of Directors, Laredo Young Lawyers, 1994 - 1995
- Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- AV Rated under Martindale Hubbell's Peer-Review Ratings System (highest rating)
- Notes Editor, Stanford Law Review, 1994
- Consistently listed in Best Lawyers of Scene in San Antonio
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, B.A. in Art History, Archeology, Summa Cum Laude, 1991
- Qualls v. Lack's Stores, Inc., U.S. Dist. LEXIS 5731, N.D. Tex., 1999
- Rodriguez v. Roadway Express, Inc., aff'd, 199 F.3d 437, 5th Cir., 1999
- Seidler v. United Parcel Service, WL 831839, W.D. Tex., 2005
- Pineda v. United Parcel Service, Inc., 360 F.3d 483, 5th Cir., 2000
- Rodriguez v. Roadway Express, Inc., WL 839014, S.D. Tex. Dec. 2, 1997
- Chavarria v. Despachos Del Norte, Inc., WL 1515472, S.D. Tex, Jun. 22, 2005
- Lee v. Waste Management, WL 246374, S.D. Tex., 2008
- Kanida v. Nursefinders, 363 F.3d 568, 5th Cir., 2004
- Qualls v. Lack's Stores, Inc., aff'd, 210 F.3d 369, 5th Cir., 2000
- Rook v. Xerox Corp., 55 Fed. Appx. 716, 5th Cir., 2002
- Susan Esquivel et al v. Hillcoat Properties, 484 F.Supp.2d 582, W.D. Tex., 2007
- Oil And Gas
Last Updated: 5/15/2022