R. Scott Westlund
Top rated personal injury attorney in San Antonio, TexasKetterman Rowland & Westlund
As co-founder and shareholder of Ketterman Rowland & Westlund law firm in San Antonio, Texas, attorney R. Scott Westlund provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout Bexar County and all across the state who have complex legal challenges involving any of the following:
· Personal injury and wrongful death
· 18-wheeler and commercial truck accidents
· Other motor vehicle accidents
· Oil field accidents and injuries
· Defective products
· Insurance bad faith
Nationally regarded as one of the leading trial advocates in his region as well as the entire country, Mr. Westlund has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence. Prior to focusing on plaintiff injury claims, he worked as an insurance defense attorney, so he has a wealth of insight into the industry, which helps him devise the most effective strategies possible to help his clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve.
Licensed to practice before all state and federal courts in Texas, Mr. Westlund has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned a lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Among his many other awards and honors, he has received consistent recognition as one of the Best S.A. Lawyers from San Antonio Monthly Magazine each year since 2007, and he holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Westlund graduated from Howard Payne University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in history and politics, and he was a member of the Social Services Honor Program. He then attended St. Mary’s University School of Law, where he received the American Jurisprudence Award and was an outstanding member of the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity. He also earned a listing in American Biographical Publications' Who's Who Among American Universities.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Westlund is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas as well as the Texas and San Antonio Trial Lawyers Associations. He is admitted to practice before all federal and state courts in Texas.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.krwlawyers.com/attorneys/r-scott-westlund/
- State Bar of Texas, 1994
- Federal Bar, 1994
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters: Peer-Reviewed, 2011-Present
- Outstanding member, Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, 1994
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Rating: “AV” rating, 2008-Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum Awarded as Lifetime Member, 2007
- Outstanding Member, Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, 1994
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio 2007-present, chosen by a nomination of peers and others in the community, Scott Westlund is considered one of the "Best in SA", by Scene in SA Magazine., Best Lawyers in San Antonio, Best Lawyers in San Antonio - Scene In SA Magazine, 2007
- American Jurisprudence Award Winner, 1991
- Who’s Who Among American Universities by American Biographical Publications, 1991
- Multi Million Dollar Lifetime Member - Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements., Multi Million Dollar Lifetime Member, Multi Million Dollar Advocates, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell Highest AV Rating 2011-present. Martindale Hubbell's 140-year-plus history began in 1868, when lawyer and businessman James B. Martindale first published The Martindale Directory. Its stated purpose was "to furnish to lawyers, bankers, wholesale merchants, manufacturers, real estate agents, and all others...the address of one reliable law firm, one reliable bank, and one reliable real estate office in every city in the United States...", Martindale Hubbell Highest AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2011
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- B.S., History/Political Science, Social Sciences Honors Program, Howard Payne University, Brownwood, 1991
Office location for R. Scott Westlund
16500 San Pedro Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78232
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022