Roy Barrera, III
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2014
Roy Barrera III is a trial lawyer who advocates on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in civil lawsuits, representing both individuals and companies in litigation before state and federal courts, arbitration panels and the appellate courts.
Mr. Barrera has a broad range of experience litigating wrongful death/survival and severe personal injury actions, commercial claims, business disputes and employment matters. A representative sampling of the types of claims Mr. Barrera has handled include:
• Prosecution of wrongful death claims on behalf of family whose son was killed in a pipeline explosion against oil and gas companies.
• Prosecution of wrongful death/survival claims on behalf of parents whose daughter was killed in an airplane crash against aircraft manufacturer and flight training school.
• Defense of wrongful death/survival claims brought by beneficiaries against natural hygiene retreat.
• Defense of wrongful death/survival claims brought by beneficiaries against church and pastor.
• Prosecution of wrongful death claim on behalf of parent whose son was killed by a patrol officer against the City of San Antonio.
• Defense of wrongful death/survival claims brought by beneficiaries against nursing home.
• Defense of sexual assault claims brought by employee against golf professional and country club.
• Prosecution of sexual assault claims on behalf of young victim against church, pastor, and youth minister.
• Prosecution of vehicular assault claims on behalf of a pedestrian against drunk driver.
• Prosecution of medical malpractice claims involving birth injuries.
• Prosecution of business tort claims on behalf of shareholder in oil and gas company against another shareholder.
• Defense of general contractors for construction defects.
• Prosecution and defense of business involving equine and cattle disputes.
• Defense of business tort claims on behalf of member in royalties collection company against another member.
• Defense of breach of contract claims by insured against insurer.
• Defense of business tort claims brought by minority shareholders of health care technology company against majority shareholders.
• Prosecution of breach of fiduciary duty and coverage claims on behalf of retired employee against ERISA health plan.
• Prosecution of DTPA and fraud claims on behalf of real estate purchaser against seller.
• Prosecution of will contest and fraud claims brought by family whose elderly father was defrauded by his nurse on the eve of his death.
• Prosecution and defense of overtime claims on behalf of individuals and companies.
• Prosecution and defense of legal malpractice and fiduciary claims.
• Complex divorce actions involving large estates.
Mr. Barrera earned his Juris Doctorate from Baylor Law School in 2002, where he was appointed senior editor of the Baylor Law Review, selected for membership in the Order of the Barristers, and where he took first place in the annual Baylor Moot Court competition. After graduation Mr. Barrera served as a briefing attorney to Justice Priscilla Owen at the Texas Supreme Court. Mr. Barrera received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Trinity University. While an undergraduate, Mr. Barrera served as an intern to United States Representative Henry Bonilla.
About Roy Barrera, III
First Admitted: 2002, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.golden-barrera.com/About/Roy-Barrera-Iii.shtml
- Top 100 Verdicts 2005
- Baylor Law Review, Senior Editor
- Texas State Bar, Member
- Federal courts of the Western, Southern and Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- San Antonio Bar Associations, Member
- Trinity University., bachelor of science in business administration
- Selected by peers as one of the best general litigation attorneys in San Antonio, as published in Scene in San Antonio, 2009
- Member of the Order of the Barristers
- Selected by peers as one of the best general litigation attorneys in San Antonio, as published in Scene in San Antonio, 2008
- Champion of the Baylor University School of Law intra-scholastic moot court competition
- Commercial Disputes
- Injury Disputes
Last Updated: 5/15/2022