Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005
Attorney Sean Lyons is a partner at Lyons & Lyons, P.C, in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Lyons focuses his practice on personal injury, medical malpractice and civil rights law, serving clients throughout the San Antonio area.
Born and raised in San Antonio, Mr. Lyons graduated with honors from American University in Washington, D.C., with a bachelor’s degree. He went on to earn his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law. He is certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a member of the Texas Bar College.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Lyons has successfully recovered major sums in verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured plaintiffs. He holds licenses to practice law in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Hawaii, as well as before several federal district courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. In honor of his accomplishments, he has been recognized on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list.
An active member of various professional organizations, Mr. Lyons belongs to the Austin Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association and the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association. He is a fellow in the Austin Bar Foundation and a director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Additionally, Mr. Lyons is an honorary lawyer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico, through the Consulate General of Mexico in San Antonio. He is a graduate of the prestigious Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, and serves as chair of the Bexar County Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for fen-phen litigation.
- 90%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Medical Devices
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Personal Injury Trial Law
About Sean Lyons
First Admitted: 1995, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.lyonsandlyons.com/attorneys/sean-michael-lyons/
- , Honorary Lawyer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico, through the Consulate General in San Antonio
- Chair of the Bexar County Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for Fen-Phen Litigation
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, Wyoming—Graduate, Class of 2007
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association (President, 2003)
- Texas Bar College
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Austin Bar Association
- District of New Mexico
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Hawaii State Bar, Member
- Oklahoma State Bar, Member
- New Mexico State Bar, Member
- Texas State Bar, Member
- American University, B.A., with honors, 1991
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Last Updated: 6/9/2022