Stephen N. Foster
Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in San Antonio, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2015
Stephen Foster is a Texas trial attorney with experience in serious litigation. He has obtained millions of dollars of judgments on behalf of his clients. He is on the Continuing Legal Education Committee for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
A versatile and experienced litigator at the San Antonio law firm of Foster & Foster, P.L.L.C., he focuses his legal practice on representing his clients in Will Contests, Business Litigation, appellate litigation and cases where people have been seriously wronged or injured.
Mr. Foster received his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law in 2000 and was admitted to the Texas State Bar in 2001. He is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, the San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He has received numerous professional acknowledgements and awards, including being recognized as a "Rising Star" on 5 separate occasions by both "Texas Monthly" and "Law & Politics" magazines. He was recognized as one of the "best lawyers in San Antonio" by "S.A. Scene" magazine. He is also the author of several articles and legal guides, and he has given lectures to many groups and individuals, including business owners, on legal issues pertaining to their businesses.
Mr. Foster has extensive experience representing clients before Texas courts and federal courts as well as state and federal appellate courts. He advises clients at all stages of litigation and frequently is consulted by other attorneys who respect his experience and assistance. His record of successful representation for his defendants in a variety of cases is highly respected, with many cases resulting in favorable verdicts and settlements. Stephen Foster personally represents many of the top attorneys in the San Antonio area.
- 10%Securities Litigation
- 30%Business Litigation
- 20%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 20%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Will Contests, Legal Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other, Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2015
About Stephen N. Foster
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.stephenfosterlaw.com/lawyer
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification, the only organization accredited by the American Bar Association.
- University of Texas, J.D., 2000
- Oklahoma State University, B.A. in Political Science, With Honors, 1996
- Stephen Foster litigates cases against large corporations, powerful individuals and governments and regularly litigates both against and along side some of the most prestigious law firms in the country. It is important to note that the past successes of Stephen Foster do not guarantee similar results. Every case is different and must be evaluated on its own to determine the likelihood of a positive outcome.
- Stephen Foster has tried over 150 cases to a jury verdict.
- Texas, 2001
- Member, San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association
- Member, Texas District and County Attorney Association
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Member, San Antonio Trial Lawyer Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Member, San Antonio Association
- Licensed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Member, The State Bar of Texas
- "Scene in S.A." magazine, "Best Attorneys in San Antonio", 2012
- Stephen Foster represents a wide variety of clients whose lives and financial futures are at stake.
- In addition to his duties as a prosecutor in Webb and Zapata counties, Stephen Foster served as a weekly legal columnist for the Laredo Morning Times. Stephen Foster is the author of multiple legal guides., Legal columnist for Laredo Morning Times, 2002
- American Association For Justice
- Member Of The Continuing Legal Education Committee For Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- @DougLesmerises If you are going to bash the players… maybe spare a few words for the coaches that do the same thing?
- @FieldYates @Ravens The mistake isn’t going for two on the second touchdown. It’s not going for it on the first to… https://t.co/w22GefIOFA
- @PhilRosenthal @YouTube Even with all the appreciation of his comedy… he’s still underrated.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022