Sylvan S. Lang, Jr.
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in San Antonio, TexasLang Law Firm P.C.
Practice Areas: Construction Litigation, Insurance Coverage; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1989
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Lang Law Firm P.C.10500 Heritage Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78216 Visit website
Mr. Lang takes pride in his client-centered approach to matters of consumer law, particularly in the areas of construction litigation, including residential and commercial construction claims, insurance issues and deceptive trade practices. He also accepts cases involving labor law, employment and civil rights law, commercial litigation, contract disputes and personal injury.
Known as a capable and responsive litigator, Mr. Lang has over three decades of experience litigating on behalf of clients in Bexar County and throughout central and south Texas. He strives to review issues point by point and to lay out options and fees in a clear and concise manner so that clients can make informed decisions. He is admitted to practice in Texas and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas.
A San Antonio native, Mr. Lang obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1986, graduating with special honors in the discipline of history. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in Dallas in 1989. While there, he served as the assistant editor-in-chief for the Southwestern Law Journal, and he was a member of Phi Delta Phi and the esteemed Order of the Coif. Also in 1989, Mr. Lang worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Edith H. Jones of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Insurance Coverage, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Employment & Labor: Employee
Bad Faith Insurance, Construction Defects, Employment Law - Employee
- 30% Construction Litigation: Business
- 30% Insurance Coverage
- 20% Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 20% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 1989, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.langfirm.com/Bio/SylvanLang.asp
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- University of Texas, Austin, TX, B.A. in History, Special Honors in History, 1986
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, Cum Laude, Phi Delta Phi, Order of the Coif, Assistant Editor-in-Chief, Southwestern Law Journal, 1989
Office location for Sylvan S. Lang, Jr.
10500 Heritage Blvd
San Antonio, TX 78216
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2004