Thomas G. Kemmy
Top rated personal injury attorney in San Antonio, TexasKemmy Law Firm, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Business litigation, Medical malpractice; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1986
Education: St. Mary's University School of Law
Kemmy Law Firm, P.C.1924 N Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212 Visit website
Attorney Thomas G. Kemmy is the founder of Kemmy Law Firm, P.C., in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Kemmy focuses his practice on personal injury law, representing clients in San Antonio, Odessa, southern New Mexico, and the surrounding areas. He works with cases involving car accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, medical malpractice, oil field injuries, wrongful death, and other issues. In addition, he litigates disputes involving business law, breach of contract, and oil and gas disagreements.
Mr. Kemmy has over 30 years of experience litigating and settling complex cases involving catastrophic injuries. Prior to opening his practice, he worked for an insurance defense firm. This experience provided him with insight into the defense strategies used in personal injury matters, which he uses to his advantage when representing injury victims.
In recognition of his success, the National Trial Lawyers named Mr. Kemmy one of the “top 100 trial lawyers” and Martindale-Hubbell award him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He also belongs to the San Antonio Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Kemmy earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin and received his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law. He is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He holds a license to practice law before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents, Medical malpractice, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://kemmylawfirm.com/tom-kemmy/
- Board Certified, Personal Injury
- University of Texas at Austin - B.A., 1982
- Invited to join ABOTA., American Board of Trial Advocates, 2015
- 13.8 Million dollar verdict against Regent Care Nursing Home for negligent care of an elderly man. 2nd highest Medical Malpractice verdict in state of Texas for 2017., 2017
- A $9.2 million dollar settlement involving a brain injury., 2019
- A $3 million dollar settlement in Iowa City, Iowa involving a paraplegic injury., 2017
- Settlement in excess of $20,000,000 involving lost profits in the oil field., 2018
- Tried Federal Court Citizenship Deportation lawsuit and appealed to the 5th Circuit in effort to protect a man whose citizenship was stripped from him by Homeland Security., 2017
- In a span of 24 months, secured over $50 million in verdicts and settlements., 2018
- Secured a $9 Million dollar settlement for woman who suffered a catastrophic brain injury., 2019
- Secured confidential multi-million dollar settlement involving oil & gas industry., 2018
- Secured a $3 Million dollar recovery against the State of Iowa for negligent injury to Iowa family., 2018
- In August of 2020, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association sponsored a two-hour CLE in which Tom Kemmy was the presenter., Presenter, Using Rules of the Road Technique, 2020
- , Trucking Accidents, 2020
- Kemmy Lawyers, 2020
- , Kemmy Law Firm, 2020
- State Bar of New Mexico--Member , 2020
- U.S. District Court New Mexico, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2020
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1987
- Texas, 1986
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member (ABOTA)
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- San Antonio Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- $1 million dollar settlement involving trucking accident., 2021
- Represented clients with catastrophic injuries and small businesses that suffered significant economic loss from wrongful corporate acts.
- Contract Disputes
- Oil And Gas
Office location for Thomas G. Kemmy
1924 N Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2011, 2015 - 2023