Kathleen E. LeFevre
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Sugar Land, TX
Attorney Kathleen E. LeFevre is a senior associate with Skillern Firm, PLLC, which has law offices in Houston and Sugar Land, Texas. Regarded as one of the leading attorneys in her region, Ms. LeFevre focuses her practice solely on family law. She provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout Houston and all across the state who are going through a divorce or have other serious legal issues affecting their families.
Ms. LeFevre's unique and diverse background helps her stand out among her peers. An adopted child herself, she is better able to connect with her clients who are going through the adoption process, and she has handled cases involving international divorces and Hague Convention matters as well as cases for families with adult children with disabilities and special needs. Moreover, she has considerable finance and business experience, which help her to better address her clients' issues regarding their complex business valuations and other high-asset issues.
At all turns, Ms. LeFevre delivers highly personalized counsel to help her clients make the best-informed decisions, and she seeks to empower her clients to take an active role in the process. Although a successful trial attorney, she prefers to use mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
Honored for her professionalism and service, Ms. LeFevre has earned a Top Family Lawyer designation from Houstonia Magazine along with other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. Perhaps more importantly, she has received testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients, and she finds great reward in being able to help so many families in her community during some of the most difficult and emotionally challenging times in their lives.
A 2007 graduate of Southwestern University, Ms. LeFevre attended the University of Houston Law Center, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2012. She is an active member of the Houston bar associations, the Fort Bend County and Harris County bar associations, as well as the State Bar of Texas' Family Law and LGBT Sections.
About Kathleen E. LeFevre
First Admitted: 2012
Professional Webpage: https://www.skillernfirm.com/attorney/lefevre-kathleen/
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Professionals, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section and LGBT Section, Member
- Katy Bar Association, Member
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section and LGBT Section, Member
- Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Bachelor of Arts, Business, Honors: Vice President, Southwestern University Women’s Lacrosse team and Member, Delta Delta Delta, 2007
- Houstonia Top Family Lawyer, 2018, Top Family Lawyer, Houstonia, 2018
- , Rising Star Attorney Top Women Attorneys, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Texas Rising Star Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Rising Star Attorney 2019, Rising Star Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kathleen and her husband enjoy volunteering at Houston Food bank where they pack meals, evaluate existing inventory and process donations to help citizens of Harris and surrounding counties., 2020
- Southwestern University Women’s Lacrosse
- Kathleen was the author and speaker at Texas Modern Mediation Conference Continuing Legal Education seminar on the topic of admitting evidence in child custody cases. The topic included how to admit evidence, rules of evidence, and other ways to use documents that might not otherwise be admissible., Author and speaker, Admitting Evidence in Child Custody Cases, Texas Modern Mediation Conference, 2021
- Can an Affair Change How Property Gets Divided in a Divorce? https://t.co/3xVC5jP9d6
- What Determines Spousal Support in a Divorce? https://t.co/d3OQinYJby
- If My Spouse's Lawyer Calls Me, What Should I Do? https://t.co/zfV410hqQV
- If You Have a Common-Law Marriage, Do You Still Need a Divorce? https://t.co/J14fA4dbsS
- What Happens to Visitation Rights If You Can't Pay Child Support? https://t.co/JsDPRSlEN0
Last Updated: 5/15/2022