John C. Ginn
Top rated personal injury attorney in Sulphur Springs, TexasSmith, McDowell, Ginn
Attorney John C. Ginn is a partner at Smith, McDowell & Ginn in Sulphur Springs, Texas. Mr. Ginn practices personal injury, criminal, and disability law, and serves clients in Sulphur Springs and the surrounding counties, including Camp, Collin, Dallas, Delta, Franklin, Hopkins, Hunt, Lamar, Rains, Red River, Rockwall and Titus.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Ginn has been involved in many significant cases, some of which have received state and national media coverage. Because of these accomplishments, he has earned an AV Preeminent* rating from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been named one of the “Top 100 trial attorneys” in Texas by The National Trial Lawyers and is known for attaining the highest jury verdict in the history of both Hopkins and Lamar County, Texas.
Mr. Ginn has held a variety of leadership roles with professional and community organizations. He is a sustaining member and former Director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, a former president of the Baylor Law Alumni Association and has served in various committee roles with the State Bar of Texas such as the district 1A grievance committee and the professionalism committee.
Currently, Mr. Ginn is an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He also acts as a volunteer judge in law school mock trials.
Mr. Ginn is a graduate of Baylor Law School and has been licensed to practice law in the state of Texas since 1989. He is board-certified in personal injury by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Mr. Ginn has also been licensed to practice in the District of Columbia since 1992.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Criminal law
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1989, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://easttexaslaw.com/john-c-ginn/357303
- Baylor Law Alumni Association, President, 2012-2013
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Professionalism Committee, Past Member
- District 1A Grievance Committee, Chairman
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Former Director, and current sustaining member
- Personal Injury, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIf_W9SdwKI&feature=email, www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIf_W9SdwKI&feature=email
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys, Texas, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012-2019, 2019
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubble
- Named a Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly magazine 2005-2019
- $8.2 million jury verdict Hopkins County Rail accident slip and fall severe disabling injury, 2017
- $4.1 million jury verdict -- Hopkins County Trucking accident case based on negligence, 2014
Office location for John C. Ginn
315 South Gilmer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022