Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Temple, TX
- Free Consultation
Savannah Stroud is a partner at The Carlson Law Firm in Temple, Texas. Ms. Stroud practices in the areas of family law and criminal defense, representing clients throughout Texas. She is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Stroud has experience with family matters involving divorce, adoption, custody, name changes, prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements. In her criminal defense practice, she assists clients in cases involving assault, burglary, DWI, expunctions, nondisclosures, murder, occupational licenses, possession, robbery, solicitation, terroristic threats, theft and more.
A licensed attorney since 2008, Ms. Stroud is admitted before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. She has earned recognition among her peers in the legal profession, including being named one of the “Top 40 Under 40” by The National Trial Lawyers multiple years in a row and receiving the Bell County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer of the Year award in 2011.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Stroud is extremely active in her legal and professional communities. She is a member of the Bell County Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Texas Young Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association. She is a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, secretary of the Bell County Women’s Bar Association and participates in the Bell County Bar Association’s Veterans Clinic.
Ms. Stroud earned a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in criminal justice from Washburn University. She obtained her law degree, along with a business law certificate, from Texas Tech University School of Law.
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Savannah Stroud
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.carlsonattorneys.com/team-member/savannah-stroud
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, United Methodist Church
- Aggieland Rotary, Former Director of Membership
- Bell County Veteran's Clinic, 2010
- Federal Western District of Texas
Former President-Elect, Bell County Young Lawyers
- Member, Texas Bar College
Bell County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Former Member
State Bar of Texas, Member
- Bell County Bar Association and Bell County Young Lawyer Association (former President-Elect), 2008
- Member, District 8 Grievance Committee for the State Bar of Texas
- Treasurer, Bell County Women's Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, 2011
- Washburn University, Bachelor of Social Work, Summa Cum Laude, Minor in Criminal Justice, 2005
- Bell County Young Lawyer of the Year, Bell County Bar Association/Bell County Young Lawyer Association , 2011
- The Carlson Law Firm Jared Stenberg Attorney of the Year, The Carlson Law Firm, P.C., 2015
- 2015-Present, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial LawyerS, 2015
- Co-Author with Craig Carlson and Jaime Lynn. , Co-Author, Troubles with Tractor Trailer Litigation, The Lawyer's Logbook, Legal, 2012
- 2006-2008 Contributor , Contributor , Texas Bank Lawyer, Texas Tech University School of Law, Banking, 2006
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certification: Family Law, 2020
- Bell County Young Lawyers Association
- Bell County Bar Association
- Bell County Women's Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Family Law Section
Last Updated: 5/17/2022