Thomas C. Baird
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Temple, TexasBaird, Crews, Schiller & Whitaker, P.C.
Thomas C. Baird is a co-founder of Baird, Crews, Schiller & Whitaker, P.C. He has been certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in estate planning and probate law, farm and ranch real estate law, commercial real estate law, and residential real estate law. Mr. Baird represents people and businesses throughout Texas from the firm’s offices in Temple, focusing his practice largely on the above specialty areas. Admitted to practice in Texas since 1978, Mr. Baird is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas and the U.S. Tax Court.
Mr. Baird’s estate planning practice involves his preparation and review of a variety of documents, including wills, living and irrevocable trusts, advance medical directives, and health care and financial powers of attorney. He has also represented heirs, beneficiaries and fiduciaries in probate litigation, including will contests. Mr. Baird has an active business practice as well, and he has worked on succession plans, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, and equity and debt financing transactions. In his real estate practice, Mr. Baird has handled a variety of matters involving commercial, residential, and agricultural properties. His experience in this regard has included foreclosures, purchases and sales, like-kind exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, eminent domain, development, document preparation and review, and title matters.
Mr. Baird is held in high regard by his colleagues, as evidenced by his AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and numerous other honors and awards. He obtained his legal education at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law, where he served on the Texas International Law Journal before graduating in 1977.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Real estate: business, Business/corporate, Tax: business
Estate planning, Business organizations, Tax law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 30% Real estate: business
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Tax: business
First Admitted: 1978, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://bcswlaw.com/attorneys/thomas-c-baird/
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, College of the State Bar
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Temple Bible Church
- J.A.I.L. Ministry for Bell County
- Keep Temple Beautiful
- Temple College Foundation
- Hope Pregnancy Clinic
- Temple Economic Development Corporation
- Temple Business League
- Temple Chamber of Commerce
- Temple Health & BioScience District
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Selected to the “Best Lawyers of America” in the specialty of Trusts & Estates since 2007 by BL Rankings
- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- “SuperLawyer” designation by Thomson Reuters Services each year since 2003
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning & Probate Law, Residential Real Estate Law, Commercial Real Estate Law and Farm & Ranch Real Estate Law
- Bachelor of Arts, 1975, Texas Tech University
Office location for Thomas C. Baird
15 N Main St
Temple, TX 76501
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2011, 2013 - 2022