Top rated personal injury attorney in The Woodlands, TexasSchroeder Law Office PLLC
Attorney Karen Beyea-Schroeder is the founder and owner of Schroeder Law Office PLLC in The Woodlands, Texas. Widely regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in her region as well as the entire country, Ms. Beyea-Schroeder provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the greater Houston metro area and beyond who have serious personal injury claims as well as complex commercial litigation needs.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Beyea-Schroeder has successfully handled hundreds of claims involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices, and she has gained a reputation as an authority on these legal areas. She has taken on some of the country's largest pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, recovering millions of dollars in total compensation for her plaintiff clients.
Ms. Beyea-Schroeder is also one of many managing attorneys in the U.S. who represents women in trans-vaginal mesh implant injury claims, and she published an article in Trial Magazine regarding this subject. She has also worked with former NFL players regarding NFL concussion litigation, and she has assisted numerous business owners with protecting their rights and interests in the face of complex legal disputes that threaten to undermine their companies.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Beyea-Schroeder has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer designation from The National Trial Lawyers. In addition, H Magazine has consistently voted her among Houston's Top Lawyers each year since 2010, and she has received many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers.
A native of Buffalo, New York, Ms. Beyea-Schroeder graduated from Canisius College in 1994. She then attended Seton Hall University School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1997. She holds her license to practice in New York, New Jersey, Arizona and Texas, and she is admitted to practice before various U.S. District Courts in each of those states as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th and 11th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Beyea-Schroeder served with the U.S. Army's Judge Advocate General Corps, and she also served as a military prosecutor and special assistant U.S. attorney. She is an active member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Houston Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Motor vehicle defects, Pharmaceutical, Toxic torts
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 40% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.schroeder-lawoffice.com/about/
- Houston Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2008
- State Bar of New York, 1998
- State Bar of Arizona, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1997
- American Association for Justice, Trial Lawyers Care Co-Chair, 2020
- State Bar of New Jersey, 1997
- Texas Trial Lawyers, CLE Committee Member, 2020
- American Association for Justice, Trial Lawyers Care Co-Chair, 2019
- Texas Trial Lawyers, CLE Committee Member, 2019
- American Association for Justice, Representative to the Board of Governors, 2019
- American Association for Justice, Representative to the Board of Governors , 2018
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2016-2017
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2016
- Houston's Top Lawyers, H Magazine, 2010-present
- Recognition for organizing and running a community service project after Hurricane Harvey to help the Houston School District students who lost their school supplies and related needs., Trial Lawyers Care Award, American Association for Justice, 2018
- Canisius College, B.A., 1994
- Boy Scout Assistant Scoutmaster
- The Woodlands High School Band Booster board member: The purpose of the Band Booster is to help the local high school children complete in band competitions. I also donate time as co-chair of the Concession program where parents can earn money for this child's band dues. , 2020
- Gulf Coast Blood Blank Volunteer
- American Association for Justice, Leadership Academy, 2019
- Adkins v. 3M. This dual combat earplugs case resulted in a plaintiff verdict in excess of $8 million., 2021
- Sloan and Wayman v. 3M. This lawsuit involving the dual ended combat earplugs resulted in a plaintiff verdict of $15 million in compensatory damages and $40 million in punitive damages for each plaintiff - $110 million total., 2022
- This peer reviewed publication provides a guide to preparing the case for videotaped deposition cuts to be used at trial. Preparation for video presentations at trial start at the commencement of the case and only end at the closing of the trial., Author, Ready, Set, Record, Trial, Litigation Attorneys, 2022
- Planning for a paperless and remote office before disaster happens can often make or break your firm. Follow the tips to prepare for disaster before it strikes., co-author, 10 Tips for Disaster-Proofing Your Firm, Trial, Legal, 2020
- Analysis of 510(k) medical device products and the trend toward Defendants filing Motions for Summary Judgment., Author, Plan for Defeating Preemption, Trial, Legal, 2018
- Litigation strategy and legal analysis for the transvaginal mesh litigation., Author, Turning the Tables in Transvaginal Mesh Litigation, Trial, Legal, 2013
- manufacturer defects
- Products Liability
Office location for Karen Beyea-Schroeder
PO Box 131747
The Woodlands, TX 77393
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022