Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Tyler, TX
- Free Consultation
Bobby D. Mims is a Texas criminal defense lawyer with more than 35 years of trial experience in both state and federal courts. His practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals accused of capital murder, drug crimes, DWI, white collar crime and other offenses.
Mr. Mims has handled thousands of cases and lectured at numerous criminal law seminars throughout Texas. He is also certified in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Standardized Field Sobriety Testing protocol.
Mr. Mims graduated with his J.D. from the South Texas College of Law in 1977. He also participated in the Executive Development Program at Harvard Business School. He is a Past-President of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), a member of the National College of DUI Defense, a Fellow of the College of the State Bar of Texas and a Super Fellow of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Educational Institute (TCDLEI).
In addition, Mr. Mims is a current faculty member of the Texas Criminal Trial College and a former faculty member of the National Consortium for Capital Training and the Capital Trial Advocacy Program of the Center for American and International Law.
The Law Offices of Bobby D. Mims, P.C., is located in Tyler, Texas.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 30%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Bobby Mims
First Admitted: 1977, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.mimslawtexas.com
Pro bono/Community Service
- Frequently Lectures at Criminal Law Seminars and has presented papers on various Criminal Defense Issues.
- President of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association 2013 - 2014
- Super Fellow of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Educational Institute (TCDLEI)
- Smith County Bar Association
- Smith County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fellow of the College of the State Bar of Texas, 2018
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Cherokee County Bar Association
- He is licensed to practice by the Supreme Court of Texas, all state courts in Texas, The Federal District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Northern, and Western Districts of Texas. Mr. Mims is admitted to the bar of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.B.A., 1974
- Executive Development Program - Harvard Business School, 1979
- Texas Tech Law School, Lecturer, Defending Family Violence Cases, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Assocaition, 2007
- The President of the State Bar of Texas honored Bobby Mims for service to the criminal justice system in a resolution adopted by the Board of Directors of the State Bar., State Bar of Texas Resolution, State Bar of Texas, 2021
Other Outstanding Achievements
- State Bar of Texas Resolution Honored for Outstanding Service to the Criminal Justice System, 2021
- Criminal Defense
Last Updated: 5/15/2022