David E. Dobbs
Top rated personal injury attorney in Tyler, TexasDobbs & Porter, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1988
Attorney David E. Dobbs is a member of Dobbs & Porter, PLLC, in Tyler, Texas. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 32 years of total legal experience, Mr. Dobbs provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across his region who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one because of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Dobbs served as Chief Felony Prosecutor and First Assistant District Attorney with the Smith County District Attorney’s Office for more than 12 years, where he prosecuted a wide range of serious felonies, including capital murder and death penalty cases. As such, he has an extensive amount of trial experience that serves him well as he fights aggressively to protect the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff injury clients.
From his efforts, Mr. Dobbs has secured millions of dollars in total compensation for individuals and families in need, and he has gained a reputation as a staunch advocate for his clients both inside and outside of the courtroom. Honored for his remarkable professionalism and service, he has earned consistent recognition as being among the top 5% of lawyers in his region, and he received many commendations and awards during his time as a prosecutor.
Mr. Dobbs received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University, and he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1988 from Southern Methodist University School of Law. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Dobbs is also an active member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dobbsporterlaw.com/attorney-profile/david-e-dobb...
- Service Commander’s Award – Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2012 and 2019-2021
- President’s Award – Tyler Police Department Patrolman’s Association
- Numerous Certificates of Merit from the United States Department of Justice
- Director’s Award – Texas Department of Public Safety
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- United States District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Texas State Courts, Fifth Circuit
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Methodist University - B.S.
Office location for David E. Dobbs
3311 Woods Boulevard
Tyler, TX 75707
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2019 - 2022