Gregory S. Porter
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Tyler, TexasDobbs & Porter, PLLC
Attorney Gregory S. Porter is a shareholder with the Dobbs & Porter, PLLC, law firm in Tyler, Texas. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Porter has more than 23 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across his region who have suffered an injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. He holds his board certification in both Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Advocacy.
Handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Porter has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of individuals and families adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, construction accidents and other preventable tragedies. A former insurance defense attorney, he has invaluable insight into the industry, which helps him devise the most effective strategies possible to help his plaintiff clients recover the maximum amount of compensation they deserve.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and ethics along with his outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Porter has earned an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of need.
A 1993 graduate of Baylor University with degrees in foreign service and English, Mr. Porter returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Baylor University School of Law in 1997. He is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Court in Texas and the Texas Supreme Court as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Porter is also an active member of the State Bar of Texas, the Smith County Bar Association, the T. John Ward Inn of Court and the East Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dobbsporterlaw.com/attorney-profile/gregory-port...
- , Named as a Texas Super Lawyer – Rising Star by Thomson Reuters 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009
- Selected to Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2020
- Board Certified--Personal Injury Trial Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified in Personal Injury, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Baylor Law Review, Member, Baylor Law School, 1997
- Cum laude from Baylor University, Cum laude, Baylor University, 1993
- Cum laude from Baylor Law School, Cum laude, Baylor Law School, 1997
- Earned a top AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Lawyers, AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2020
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Beta Kappa, Baylor University, 1993
- Texas Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Tex-ABOTA - Member, 2020
- Smith County Bar Association and the Smith County Bar Foundation, 2020
- T. John Ward Inn of Court - Member, 2020
- Member of the East Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”), 2020
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas, 2020
- Member of The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit, 2020
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2020
- Admitted to practice before the Federal Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court, 2020
- Graduated from Bryant High School in Bryant, Arkansas, 1989
- Graduated cum laude from Baylor University with major in Foreign Service and minor in English, 1993
- Studied Japanese and taught English in Itayanagi, Japan, for one year through the Japan Exchange & Teaching Program (JET), 1994
- AVVO Rating of 10, 2020
- Admitted to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2020
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2021
- Board Certified--Personal Injury Trial Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2021
- Volunteer with the SPCA of East Texas, 2021
Office location for Gregory S. Porter
3311 Woods Boulevard
Tyler, TX 75707