Michael D. Allen
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Tyler, TexasAllen Lottmann Kimmel, PC
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Closely held business, Tax
Licensed in Texas since: 1976
Education: Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Allen Lottmann Kimmel, PC3805 Old Bullard Road
Tyler, TX 75701 Phone: 903-534-0006 Email: Michael D. Allen Visit website
Michael D. Allen has more than 40 years of legal experience. His practice is limited to estate planning, probate and trust administration, business formation and succession planning. Mr. Allen is a specialist in Estate Planning and Probate law as certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, is listed in Best Lawyers in America, and has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers magazine 16 times. The national legal directory Martindale-Hubbell has awarded him its AV Preeminent rating, indicating the highest levels of professionalism and ethical standards.
Mr. Allen is a member of numerous professional organizations and regularly teaches continuing legal education courses. He is a graduate of Austin College and SMU School of Law. He was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1976.
First Admitted: 1976, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.allenlottmann.com/attorney-profiles/michael-d-al...
- Member, State Bar of TexasMember, American Bar Association Past President East Texas Estate Planning Council Past Council MemberReal Estate Probate & Trust Law Section, State Bar of Texas Past Chair, Professionalism & Ethics Committee
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Development Board, 2014-2019, Chair 2016-2018 Mercy Ships Operating Board 2010-2019 Austin College, Sherman, Texas, Trustee, Senior Trustee 1994-2019Texas Presbyterian Foundation 1994-2003, Development Chair, 1998 - 2003 Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Austin, Texas, 2001-2010East Texas Communities Foundation, 2000-2017; Board President, 2002 - 2003
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Texas Super Lawyers," 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America: Trusts & Estates
- State Bar of Texas CLE Presentations: How Reasonable Minds Differ, Documenting Sales to Grantor Trusts, Advising in Hard Times & Changing Landscapes, Business Succession Drafting, Installment Sale Strategies, Planning Between Spouses' Deaths, Representing Dysfunctional Families, Representing the Patriarch in Succession Planning, Life & Death of an FLP, Enabling Donors to Express Dreams, Limited Partnership Agreements, Sophisticated Solutions for Family Wealth Transfers
- Board Certified Estate Planning and Probate Law, 1985
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2004, 2006 - 2023