Paul M. Boyd
Top rated personal injury attorney in Tyler, TexasBoyd Boyd & Giddens Law Firm
Paul M. Boyd is an attorney at Boyd Boyd & Giddens Law Firm in Tyler, Texas. He focuses his practice on civil insurance defense and personal injury law matters. Licensed to practice law in Texas since 1981, he has successfully represented clients with matters including products liability, insurance coverage issues, extra-contractual claims, negligence law, and trucking and commercial issues.
Mr. Boyd also has experience working on banking, real estate and commercial law matters. He is board-certified in civil trial law and personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Licensed in Texas, Mr. Boyd is also admitted to practice in all the state and federal courts in Texas and before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Well aware of the nature of personal injury cases, Mr. Boyd handles every case sensitively and efficiently. Putting his clients’ needs and interests at the forefront of every case, he aggressively defends their rights and liberties.
Graduating with honors from the University of California at Berkeley, Mr. Boyd earned his doctorate in jurisprudence from Baylor Law School. Throughout his college days and during law school as well, Mr. Boyd spent his summers with Continental Singers, a gospel music ministry. He directed and performed throughout South America and Europe.
Actively affiliated with the legal community, Mr. Boyd is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Smith County Bar Association, for which he was the former president. He is also a life fellow at the Texas Bar Foundation.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Boyd is active in his church community and is a charter member of the Dayspring United Methodist Church and serves as the church council’s chairman and Strategic Planning Committee member.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Transportation/maritime, Banking, Civil litigation: defense, Insurance coverage, Real estate: business
Personal injury - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Insurance
- 30% Personal injury - general: defense
- 30% Transportation/maritime
- 10% Banking
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Insurance coverage
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1981, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.boydlawtexas.com/our-attorneys/
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Past President, Smith County Bar Association
- Member, Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Claims Court
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Certification in both Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1989
- Certified in Civil Trial by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of California at Berkeley, With Honors, 1977
- Insurance and Trucking
Office location for Paul M. Boyd
1215 Pruitt Place
Tyler, TX 75703