Top rated personal injury attorney in Waco, TexasLaw Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1979
Education: Baylor Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Law Offices of Vic Feazell, P.C.3302 West Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76710 Visit website
Vic Feazell and his team are dedicated to representing people throughout central Texas including in Waco, Belton/Temple, Killeen/Fort Hood, and nationwide. He commits his practice to handling personal injury and wrongful death cases involving the following matters: motor vehicle accidents, product liability, pedestrian accidents, burn and explosion injuries, as well as, truck accidents, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse. Vic also works defending people accused of major crimes.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Mr. Feazell went on to earn his law degree from Baylor Law School in 1979.
As an advocate for clients, Mr. Feazell has a reputation for having tenacity in the courtroom. His career includes eight years of serving as the District Attorney in Waco, Texas, where he tried half a dozen capital murder cases. Bringing a unique perspective to the courtroom, Mr. Feazell has obtained impressive settlements and verdicts on the behalf of injured victims. A $58 million libel award garnered him a spot in Guinness World Records. Mr. Feazell's accomplishments also caught the attention of The National Trial Lawyers, who honored him as a Top 100 trial attorney. For his work, he has been featured in several publications and programs such as the Dallas Observer, "The Geraldo Rivera Show," A&E's "Biography" and "60 Minutes." Most recently he has been featured in the Netflix documentary, "The Confession Killer" https://www.netflix.com/title/80213588 and he hosts a podcast called "The Vic Feazell Show." https://www.vicfeazell.com/podcast
Participating in the legal community is important to Mr. Feazell. He holds memberships with The College of the State Bar of Texas, the Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Feazell has provided leadership to peers through serving as chair of the Judicial Affairs Committee of the Austin Bar Association as well as being a founding life fellow for the Austin Bar Foundation and a member of the Texas Bar Foundation. He is also a Fellow of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. Vic Feazell has been a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association for decades and is a Life Member of the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Criminal law, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1979, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.withviclegal.com/about-our-firm/attorneys/vic-fe...
- Recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for winning the largest libel award, totaling $58 million.
- Co-host of the Vic Feazell True Crime Podcast
- Fellow, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- District 8 Grievance Committee 2022
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Founding Life Fellow, Austin Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Founding Life Fellow, State Bar Foundation
- Life Member, National Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- All Texas County, District, and Appellate Courts including the Texas Supreme Court
- Former Chairman, Judicial Affairs Committee, Austin Bar Association
- $100 million in jury verdicts and settlements over the course of his career
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, B.A., 1972
- In April 2021, the Texas State Bar issues an official resolution to honor Attorney Feazell for his decades of remarkable legal service, both to the state and to its peoples. In the resolution, some of his most noteworthy experiences, accolades, and cases were discussed.For example, a few exemplary moments of Vic’s career that were featured in the resolution are:Licensed attorney since 1979 Six capital murder cases handled while a McLennan County district attorney $58-million verdict in a record-breaking libel lawsuit Memberships to the Texas Bar College, the National Trial Lawyers, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2018 Outstanding Pro Bono Advocate Award from the Waco-McLennan County Young Lawyers Association The Texas State Bar also offered an official apology to Vic for the harm done to his law license decades ago during the Henry Lee Lucas false serial killer accusations scandal. Attorney Feazell adamantly stood up for Henry, who had been deliberately made a scapegoat for hundreds of murders by the Texas Rangers. In retaliation, the Rangers arrested Vic, attempted to destroy his reputation, charged him with five crimes, and threatened him with 80 years of imprisonment. After Vic was found Not Guilty on all charges by a Federal Jury, the Texas State Bar still made moves against his law license, which he deflected with a probated suspension. Vic successfully sued a news corporation for libel, which resulted in the largest libel verdict in U.S. history and its placement in the Guinness Book of World Records. The President for the Texas State Bar had this to say while issuing the formal apology: “[Vic’s case] is one where somebody stood up, did the right thing, stood his ground, and, in time, has been proven right. Two juries have proven him right. And this is why I honor Vic because he did do the right thing. […] He stood up for the oppressed. […] If there’s anybody who deserves an award for doing the right thing, I believe it’s you.”, State Bar of Texas Resolution Honoring Vic Feazell, State Bar of Texas , 2021
- Member, American Association for Justice - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Outstanding Young Alumni for Mary Hardin Baylor, 1984
- Featured in the Edgar Award winning book Careless Whispers
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Elected, Two Four-Year Terms as District Attorney of Waco, McLennan County
Office location for Vic Feazell
3302 West Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76710
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023