Lance L. Milne
Top rated personal injury attorney in Salt Lake City, UtahDewsnup King Olsen Worel Havas Mortensen Milne
Lance L. Milne is an attorney with Dewsnup King Olsen Worel Havas Mortensen law firm in Salt Lake City, Utah. Serving innocent accident victims and their families throughout the greater Salt Lake City metro and surrounding areas, Mr. Milne dedicates his practice to providing the highest level of advocacy and support possible to individuals and families suffering needlessly as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Focusing solely on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Milne has achieved considerable success assisting those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, workplace accidents and other preventable tragedies. He also devotes a significant portion of his practice to claims arising from accidents in the oil and gas industries, such as fires, explosions and drilling accidents, as well as aviation accidents.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Milne worked as an insurance defense attorney, so he has invaluable insight into the industry and the tactics insurance companies use to reduce or deny claims. Armed with this knowledge, he can devise the most effective strategies possible to help his clients recover the maximum amount of compensation they deserve, and he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients.
In honor of his success, as well as his impeccable professionalism and service, Mr. Milne has earned memberships in both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums. He has also received consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top trial attorneys in his region, as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2004 graduate of Weber State University, Mr. Milne obtained his Juris Doctor from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2007. A board of regents scholar in law school, he served as vice chair of the Board of Barristers and received honors for his exceptional academic achievements. He holds his license to practice in Utah, Texas and New Mexico, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah and the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Milne is a member of the Utah Association for Justice, where he serves on its board of governors. He is also actively involved with the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Aviation and aerospace, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Aviation accidents - plaintiff, Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Aviation and aerospace
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.dkowlaw.com/attorneys/item/27-lance-l-milne
- Weber State University, B.A. in business administration with an emphasis in marketing and German, 2004
- Board of Governors for the Utah Association for Justice, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Utah Association for Justice, Member
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Utah
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Texas
- Admitted to practice law in Utah, New Mexico and Texas
- Board of Regents Scholar, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Super Lawyers
- Mountain States Rising Stars list
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- M.J. v. Wisan, 2016 UT 13, 371 P.3d 21 (Utah 2016)
- American Association For Justice
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Utah Association For Justice
Office location for Lance L. Milne
36 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019