Michael J. Langford
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Salt Lake City, UtahLangford Law
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, White Collar Crimes; view more
Licensed in Utah since: 2003
Education: Creighton University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Langford Law43 East, 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111 Visit website
Michael J. Langford is a criminal defense attorney and the founder of Langford Ramos P.C. in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mr. Langford handles criminal matters involving drug crimes, DUI, federal crimes, sex crimes, traffic defense, violent crimes and white collar crimes.
Practicing law for over 17 years, Mr. Langford began his legal career serving as a clerk for the Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office, the Salt Lake Legal Defender Association and the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Upon becoming a licensed attorney, he practiced commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense at a private law form before opening his own criminal defense practice.
As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Langford aggressively protects the rights of his clients and is familiar with all phases of the criminal defense process. He is a graduate of the National Criminal Defense College and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers White Collar Criminal Defense College at Stetson, Florida.
In honor of his accomplishments, Utah Business magazine named Mr. Langford one of Utah’s “Top Criminal Defense Attorneys.” US News & World Report has honored him with their Best Lawyer distinction. He is a member of the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section and the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
Mr. Langford serves his community through participation in various groups. He has served as President of the Rocky Mountain Innocence Center. He has been named Utah State Bar mentor of the year. He has been a board member of the Henry’s Fork Foundation, and the Friends of the Children’s Justice Center, Salt Lake County. He currently serves on the board of the Salt Lake County Bar Association and is a member of the Salt Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission.
Raised in Salt Lake City, Mr. Langford earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from Boston College. He received his law degree from Creighton University School of Law, concentrating his studies in criminal law and procedure.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Murder, Sex Offenses, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
- 40% Criminal Defense
- 30% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 30% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 2003, Utah
Professional Webpage: http://langfordlegal.com/michael-langford/
- , US News & World Report Best Lawyer , US News & World Report
- Utah’s Top Criminal Defense Attorneys, Utah Business Magazine
- Utah’s Top Criminal Defense Attorneys, Super Lawyers
- Stetson University White Collar Criminal Defense College, 2013
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite-Criminal Defense, 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite-Criminal Defense, 2018
- National Criminal Defense College, Macon, Georgia, 2009
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite, Criminal Defense, 2014
- Utah State Bar New Lawyer Mentor
- Guadalupe Center Legal Clinic
- The Henry’s Fork Foundation
- The Salt Lake County Children’s Justice Center
- The Rocky Mountain Innocence Center, President, 2020-2021
- Board Member, The Minority Juvenile Justice Commission
- Board Member, The Multicultural Legal Center
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Utah State Bar Criminal Law Section
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (UACDL)
- Utah, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Utah, 2003
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDL) Life Member
- National Organization for the Reformation of Marijuana Laws Legal Action Committee (NORML)
- Member, Board of the Henry's Fork Foundation
- Member, Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel Attorney
- Utah State Bar New Lawyer Mentor
- American Bar Association (ABA) Criminal Justice Section
- Published Decisions: United States v. Angilau, 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 12082 (10th Cir. Utah, June 14, 2013)M.K. v. Doyle, 2014 UT App 160, State v. Pham, 2015 UT App 233, State v. Pham, 2016 UT App 105.
- Boston College, B.A. Political Science, 1996
- White Collar Criminal Defense
Office location for Michael J. Langford
43 East, 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012