Phillip W. Dyer
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
Phillip W. Dyer is an attorney in Salt Lake City, Utah, with over 35 years of experience. The founder of Dyer Law Group PLLC, he serves clients in Salt Lake City and throughout all of Utah.
Mr. Dyer handles cases involving multiple legal practice areas, including labor and employment law, personal injury litigation, constitutional law, First Amendment law, business law, wrongful death and commercial litigation. He also has experience with civil and criminal appeals.
Recognized for his legal accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Dyer an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the highest rating available from the organization, which it gives only to attorneys who have demonstrated high legal capability and ethical standards. In 2007, Utah Business magazine included him on its “Legal Elite” list.
Serving in leadership roles, Mr. Dyer is secretary and a member of the Board of Governors of the Utah Association for Justice. He is active in the Utah State Bar, the Federal Bar Association, the First Amendment Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the David K. Watkiss Sutherland II American Inn of Court.
Mr. Dyer graduated magna cum laude from the University of Utah with a bachelor’s degrees in political science and sociology. He earned his law degree from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the Utah Law Review.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Dyer is an adjunct professor of administrative law at Salt Lake Community College. He is licensed to practice law before all Utah state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Non-Compete Agreements, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
About Phillip W. Dyer
First Admitted: 1984, Utah
Professional Webpage: https://www.dyerlawgroup.com/phillip-w-dyer
- Salmon v. Davis County, 916 P.2d 890 (Utah 1996)(amicus)
- Draughon v. Department of Financial Institutions, 975 P.2d 935 (Utah Ct. App. 1999)(amicus)
- O'Keefe v. Utah State Retirement Board, 959 P.2d 279 (Utah 1998)(amicus)
- Facer v. Allen , 958 P.2d 919 (Utah 1998)
- Utah Department of Human Services v. Hughes, 2007 UT 30
- State of Utah v. Hirishi, 2007 UT APP 255
- Lunnen v. Utah Department of Transportation, 886 P.2d 70 (Utah Ct.App. 1994)
- American Inns of Courts Barrister – David K. Watkiss, Sutherland II Inn of Court
- U.S. Supreme Court (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1997
- Federal District Court of Utah (1984)
- Utah State Courts (1984)
- Member, Board of Governors, Utah Association for Justice
- Secretary, Utah Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- First Amendment Lawyer Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Utah State Bar, Disciplinary Hearing Panel, 1991-1993
- Utah State Bar, Courts and Judge’s Committee, 1990-1993
- Utah State Bar, Member
- Adjunct Instructor, Administrative Law, Salt Lake Community College
- AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Honored Professional of Who's Who Amongst Executives and Businesses (2002)
- Utah’s Legal Elite since 2007
- University of Utah, Bachelor of Science: Political Science and Sociology Majors, both magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1981
- Vice President Of Utah Association For Justice
Last Updated: 5/15/2022