T. Jake Hinkins
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in South Jordan, UT
Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
Founder of Anderson Hinkins LLC in South Jordan, Utah, T. Jake Hinkins is a personal injury and general litigation attorney with over 13 years of legal experience. Mr. Hinkins serves clients throughout Utah and Colorado with sound counsel on matters involving bankruptcy law, business law and litigation, wills and trusts, family law litigation and personal injury.
Mr. Hinkins has a genuine concern for his clients and strives hard to meet their goals and needs as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. His long record of successful outcomes has resulted in numerous testimonials from satisfied clients. Professional and diligent, Mr. Hinkins offers customized strategies for each client’s unique legal matters.
Mr. Hinkins has an associate of science degree from Snow College and a Bachelor of Arts degree in business marketing from Southern Utah University, graduating magna cum laude. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law, where he was awarded the Civil Clinic Student of the Year award. While in law school, Mr. Hinkins was on the moot court board and the client counseling board and was also a student ambassador.
Mr. Hinkins is admitted to practice before the Utah State Bar, the Supreme Court of the United States and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. He is active in the legal community and is a member of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, the Utah Association for Justice, the Business Law Legislative Committee, the Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court and the Utah State Bar.
As a result of his many achievements, Mr. Hinkins is a member of The Order of Barristers with a National Honorarium for excellence and high honor through the art of courtroom advocacy. He was master of the bench for the Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court. Mr. Hinkins was awarded a pro bono award for his exceptional service with the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
For his extensive work and counsel, Mr. Hinkins is the recipient of the Top 40 Under 40 award from The National Trial Lawyers and the 10 Best Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Endorsed by his peers for his remarkable advocacy skills, Mr. Hinkins is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale Hubbell. In addition to practicing law, Mr. Hinkins has co-authored a book on business law for entrepreneurs.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 10%General Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Family Law
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Litigation, Small Claims, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name Change, Paternity, Father's Rights, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
About T. Jake Hinkins
First Admitted: 2007, Utah
Professional Webpage: https://www.hinkinslaw.com/t-jake-hinkins
- Travel Pass Group
- Mercedes Benz
- Project Neptune - Cruise Builder
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States District Court, Colorado
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Utah Association for Justice
- Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court
- Utah State Bar Association
- Business Law Section - Legislative Committee
- Certified Mediator, Nebraska Certification
- Master of the Bench, Aldon J. Anderson American Inn of Court
- Certified Domestic Mediator, Utah Certification
- Certified Mediator, Utah Certification
- The Order of Barristers, National Honorarium for excellence and high honor through the art of courtroom advocacy
- Ambassador, University of Nebraska College of Law
- Client Counseling Board, University of Nebraska College of Law
- Moot Court Board, University of Nebraska College of Law
- Civil Clinic Student of the Year, University of Nebraska College of Law
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- 2016 Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 40 Under 40 award from The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Marketing, Southern Utah University, conferred Magna Cum Laude, 2004
- Associate of Science, Snow College, 1999
- Co-author of Utah Business Law For Entrepreneurs & Managers, Author, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono award for service rendered in 2016 from the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2016
- Happy Pioneer Day! (Trek 2019) https://t.co/BFJSG8K3W5
- We'd love your feedback - https://t.co/HhCjPqpmkB
- Anderson | Hinkins June 2020 Newsletter - https://t.co/8luy206Nhy
- https://t.co/yehqNxNAfi One of the many ways we help our clients is to reduce the amounts owed to medical providers… https://t.co/85OmkKZ8Gm
- $500 Off! (Limited Time Offer) Cyber Monday - Wills & Trusts (Estate Planning) - https://t.co/qwjKACgmxD https://t.co/HwlKGmzLkn
Last Updated: 5/15/2022