Christopher J. Maley
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Burlington, VermontMaley and Maley, PLLC
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury
Licensed in Vermont since: 2002
Education: Suffolk University Law School
Maley and Maley, PLLC30 Main St, Suite 450
PO Box 443
Burlington, VT 05402 Visit website
Christopher J. Maley is a personal injury attorney at Maley and Maley, PLLC, in Burlington, Vermont. Mr. Maley handles all types of personal injury matters, including those involving motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, slip-and-fall accidents and wrongful death. He serves clients in the greater Burlington area and throughout the state of Vermont.
Mr. Maley has been practicing law for over two decades and has substantial litigation experience. Over the course of his career, he has recovered substantial amounts for injured Vermont residents through verdict or settlement. He is also experienced in medical malpractice arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Maley has been AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest available rating from the organization. He is regularly listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America and the publication Best Lawyers named him “lawyer of the year” in personal injury litigation. He is also a fellow in the American Bar Foundation.
Mr. Maley contributes to his legal community as an active member of the Vermont Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He is a member of the executive committee of the Vermont Association for Justice and chair of the organization’s legislative committee. He served as president of the organization from 2013-2014.
After graduating cum laude from St. Lawrence University, Mr. Maley earned his law degree from Suffolk University Law School. He holds a license to practice law in Vermont and Massachusetts. His prior experience includes litigating medical malpractice cases at a private Boston firm for six years.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 70% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1996, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.maleyandmaley.com/attorneys/christopher-maley.ht...
- Recipient, Special Service Award, VTAJ, 2012
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Top-Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney, New England Super Lawyers® magazine
- "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law, 2015
- "Lawyer of the Year" for Medical Malpractice Law, 2018
- "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation, 2016
- AV Preeminent, Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America for personal injury and medical malpractice every year since 2007.
- Member, Executive Committee, VTAJ, 2015 to date
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1997
- United States Court of Federal Claims in 2001
- Massachusetts Bar, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- President Elect, Vermont Association for Justice (formerly the Vermont Trial Lawyers Association), Chairman Legislative Committee and Board of Governors of the Vermont Association for Justice, member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), Vermont Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association, admitted in Massachusetts in 1996.
- Member and an Editor of the Transnational Law Review
- St. Lawrence University, 1993, Cum Laude
- Vermont Association for Justice, Service Award, 2012
- "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation - Burlington, VT, 2020
- Tier One Ranking-Best Law Firm, Burlington, VT. Medical Malpractice & Personal Injury, US News & World Report/Best Lawyers, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury 2007-2013
- American Association For Justice
- Vermont Association For Justice (Vermont Trial Lawyers)
Office location for Christopher J. Maley
30 Main St, Suite 450
PO Box 443
Burlington, VT 05402
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2011