Heidi S. Groff
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Montpelier, VT
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Heidi S. Groff is a partner with Biggam Fox Skinner, LLP, which has law offices in Montpelier and Burlington, Vermont. Serving clients throughout the state, Ms. Groff provides exceptional advocacy and support to those who have legal needs involving personal injury or workers' compensation law.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Groff has achieved considerable success advocating on behalf of those who have suffered injuries or loss on the job or as the result of an accident caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. Often referred to as a pit bull, she has unmitigated tenacity and a deep passion for protecting the rights and entitlements of her plaintiff clients while holding insurance companies, employers, and other culpable parties accountable for their actions.
A highly compassionate and personable attorney, Ms. Groff grew up in a family of blue-collar workers, and she has experienced debilitating pain herself and the uncertainty of making ends meet. As such, she is truly sympathetic to her clients' situations, and she works hard to help ensure they receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for their damages as well as their pain and suffering.
In honor of her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Groff has earned perennial recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© each year since 2015. She has also received designation as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer from the National Trial Lawyers since that time as well. In addition, she has received many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1994 graduate of The Ohio State University, Ms. Groff obtained her Juris Doctor from Vermont Law School in 1997. She is the former president of the Washington County Bar Association, and she is an active member of the Vermont Association for Justice, the Vermont Bar Association, the Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group, the Workers’ Compensation Trial Lawyers Association and the Litigation Counsel of America, among others. She also conducts lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of topics related to workers' compensation and insurance law.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 80%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Heidi S. Groff
First Admitted: 1997, Vermont
Professional Webpage: https://bfslaw.com/heidi-groff-partner
- Heidi Groff - Vermont Workers' Compensation Attorney, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6Sg8_OVs8&list=PLbnbQfr5D2ZKn3w-8bCuHmvC1fadIqDij&index=2&t=0s
- Frequent lecturer, VT workers' compensation law.
- Annual speaker, VT Department of Labor Adjusters' Conference, training insurance adjusters to treat injured workers fairly
- Speaker, New England Workers' Comp. conference
- Workers’ Compensation Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Vermont Association for Justice
- Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- Member of Vermont Bar Association
- Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America
- The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Washington County Bar Association, Former President
- Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2019
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer 2015 - 2019
- Best Lawyers, 2015 - 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Small Claims Judge, Washington County Superior Court, Vermont
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 1997
- B.A., Ohio State University, 1994
- Vermont state employees
Last Updated: 5/15/2022