Michael F. Hanley
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in White River Junction, VT
Michael F. Hanley is an attorney at Plante & Hanley, P.C., in White River Junction, Vermont. Mr. Hanley has been practicing personal injury law for several decades and serves clients throughout Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire in matters involving commercial litigation, insurance litigation, medical malpractice, products liability and more.
Mr. Hanley has been licensed to practice law since 1976. In addition to being licensed in Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire, he is admitted before the U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First and Second Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Hanley has litigated a wide variety of disputes and maintained a mediation practice. Because of his accomplishments and skill, he has earned the rating of AV Preeminent*, this highest rating available, by the peer-review organization Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and been named one of the “best lawyers” by U.S. News & World Report.
Mr. Hanley is a member of many professional organizations. He belongs to the Windsor County Bar Association, the Vermont Bar Association, the New Hampshire Bar Association, the Vermont Association for Justice, the New Hampshire Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Hanley is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame Law School. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in history from St. Lawrence University.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Professional Malpractice - Other, Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Michael F. Hanley
First Admitted: 1976, Vermont
Professional Webpage: https://www.plantehanley.com/
- Okemo Mountain, Inc. v. Sikorski, 303 Fed. Appx. 938 (2d Cir. 2008)
- Thompson v. Dewey’s South Royalton, 169 Vt. 274 (1999)
- Earle v. State of Vermont, 170 Vt. 183 (1999)
- Russo v. Griffin, 147 Vt. 20 (1986)
- Ulm v. Ford Motor Co., 150 Vt. 281 (2000)
- Crump v. P & C Food Markets, Inc., 154 Vt. 284 (1990)
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- United States Supreme Court
- Aall state courts and federal courts in Vermont and New Hampshire
- Vermont Bar Association, Member
- United States District Courts for the Districts of Vermont and New Hampshire
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- American, Vermont and New Hampshire Associations for Justice, Member
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First and Second Circuits
- Supreme Judicial Court of Maine
- Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America
- U.S. News & World Reports Best Lawyers and New England Superlawyers
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- St. Lawrence University, B.A., Major: History, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
Last Updated: 5/15/2022