Carolyn M. Grimes
Top rated family law attorney in Alexandria, VirginiaWade, Grimes, Friedman, Meinken & Leischner, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 1991
Education: George Mason University School of Law
Wade, Grimes, Friedman, Meinken & Leischner, PLLC500 Montgomery Street, Suite 575
Alexandria, VA 22314 Visit website
Carolyn M. Grimes is a partner at Wade, Grimes, Friedman, Sutter & Leischner, PLLC, a newly formed firm, located in Alexandria, VA, but with decades of experience by its attorneys. Previously she was a partner at Lieblich & Grimes, P.C. for many years. Focusing her practice on family law law, Ms. Grimes represents clients throughout Northern Virginia, including Fairfax, Alexandria, Leesburg, Arlington and the surrounding counties in divorce, child custody, premarital agreements and other family law matters.
A graduate of George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia and the Georgetown Univeristy School of law for graduate law work. Ms. Grimes is admitted to practice in all Virginia state courts and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
In addition to courtroom litigation, Ms. Grimes also practices collaborative family law, an approach that encourages divorcing spouses to work together with professionals to achieve a fair and equitable settlement. She is also a mediator.
Her successful career as a family law attorney has earned Ms. Grimes honors and awards from various organizations.Washingtonian Magazine named her one of the Top Attorneys for 2015. The peer-review service Martindale-Hubbell gave her the rating of AV Preeminent,* its highest rating. She was also named a Virginia Leader in the Law in 2011.
Throughout her career, Ms. Grimes has been active in professional organizations, pro bono programs and community groups. She is a former president of the Alexandria Bar Association and has participated in a program by the American Bar Association designed to donate legal services to the victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. She has helped manage pro bono programs for the Alexandria Bar Association, and has served for many years on the Board of Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1991, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.oldtownlawyers.com/Attorneys/Carolyn-M-Grimes.sht...
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland -B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 1985
- 2009 and 2006, President of Legal Services of Northern Virginia, also past Treasurer and Director, 2001
- Panel Chair, Virginia State Bar Fee Dispute Committee for Alexandria, 2009 Committee member, Virginia State Bar Fee Dispute Committee, 2007
- Board Member, Past President Legal Service of Northern Virginia, 1999
- Past President, Alexandria Bar Association, also past Treasurer and Director, Co-Chair of the Pro Bono and Community Service Committee, Beat the Odds Scholarship Committee,
- Virginia State Bar Council, Elected to 3 year term twice. now through 2017, 2011
- Named as one of Virginia's Legal Elite in 2008, 2013 and 2019 by Virginia Business Magazine, 2019
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia Pro Bono Attorney of the Year award in 2001
- Super Lawyers for Northern Virginia 2007-2019, Listed in Super Lawyers for Northern Virginia for 2007-2019, 2019
- Leaders in the Law, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2011
- Named a Top Lawyer of 2011-2015 by Northern Virginia Magazine
- Collaborative Professionals Of Northern Virginia
Office location for Carolyn M. Grimes
500 Montgomery Street, Suite 575
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023