Christopher R.K. Leibig
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Alexandria, VirginiaLaw Office of Christopher Leibig
Alexandria Office: 421 King Street, Suite 505 Alexandria, VA 22314
Charlottesville Office: 414 E Market St Charlottesville, VA 22902
Christopher R.K. Leibig is a criminal defense attorney with 25 years of experience. He is the owner of the Law Office of Christopher Leibig located in Alexandria, Virginia. He defends people charged with crimes such as murder, sex offenses, drug offenses, international criminal offenses, immigration charges and driving while intoxicated (DWI).
Admitted to practice in all the state courts of Virginia since 1996, Mr. Leibig majored in international affairs and English and obtained his bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University in 1992. He obtained his Juris Doctor from William & Mary Law School in 1996. For his academic excellence, he received a public service fund scholarship. He later interned at the Hampton Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Leibig has invaluable insight into the criminal justice system and has represented hundreds of criminal cases in state and federal courts. He holds a master’s degree in forensic science from The George Washington University, and he uses this knowledge in criminal cases where DNA evidence plays a major role.
Prior to starting his own firm, Mr. Leibig served as a Senior Assistant Public Defender at the Alexandria Public Defender’s Office. While there, he gained extensive experience fighting for the rights and best interests of those accused of serious felony charges such as rape, child sexual abuse, internet crimes, malicious wounding, robbery and more.
For his achievements and professional excellence, Mr. Leibig was named among the Top Criminal Lawyers in Washington, D.C., by the Washingtonian Magazine. He was also named among the top lawyers by the Best Lawyers and Northern Virginia Magazine.
An ardent and well-versed speaker, Mr. Leibig speaks at multiple forums and law schools. He traveled to law schools in Portugal, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, Trinidad, Denmark, Bulgaria and Jamaica, and educated prospective law students on topics related to criminal law.
Mr. Leibig is a member of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws and is a published author of several articles. He is frequently seen commenting on legal issues on media platforms such as Fox News, CNN, New York Post and Sports Illustrated.
Practice areasCriminal defense
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1996, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.chrisleibiglaw.com/christopherleibig
- Georgetown University, B.A. 1992,Major: Government/International Affairs, Minor: English
- William and Mary Law School, J.D. 1996,Received Public Service Award Summer 1994 and 1995
- Falls Church High School, 1988
- George Washington University, Washington, DC, 2000-2002,Accepted in and entered Master’s Degree program in Forensic Science, Studied Forensic DNA typing, forensic psychology, ballistics, and basic principles of forensic science
- Stirling University, Stirling, Scotland, Study Abroad Fall 1990, Concentration: English Literature
- Driving While Intoxicated Cases, Alexandria Bar Association three times, 2012
- Digital Forensics, Virginia State Bar CLE three times, 2011
- Digital Evidence (Set to present at February and March 2016 statewide criminal law seminar), 2016
- The Fourth Amendment and Digital Evidence, VA State Bar Criminal Law Section, February 5 and 13. (Williamsburg and Charlottesville), 2016
- Federal Criminal Law, 2013
- Mitigation Evidence, 2013
- Criminal Law CLE, Alexandria Bar Association, 2012
- Driving While Intoxicated Cases, Alexandria Bar Association three times, 2011
- Police Investigations, Virginia Statewide Public Defender Conference, 2011
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Sofia Law School, Sofia, Bulgaria, October, 2017
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin School of Law, Berlin, Germany, November 8, 2016
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Aarhus University Law School, Denmark, scheduled for April, 2016
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Norman Manley Law School. Kingston, Jamaica, March, 2015
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Eugene Dupuch Law School, Nassau, Bahamas, October, 2014
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland, March, 2014
- Organizer and Speaker on American Criminal Law, Hugh Wooding Law School, Trinidad and Tobago, October, 2013
- Organizer and Speaker on the Death Penalty – “An Open Conversation on the Death Penalty for Alexandria Community” – August, 2013
- Organizer and Speaker on the Death Penalty and American Criminal Law, Stirling University Scotland, April, 2012
Office location for Christopher R.K. Leibig
114 North Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2008
Top listsTop 100: Virginia Super Lawyers: 2019
Find me online
- North face down jacket discount store . 85%OFF 💚💛💜 https://t.co/AOLjmtV8Sc @ https://t.co/ykz248zvRD
- North face down jacket discount store . 85%OFF 💚💛💜 https://t.co/AOLjmtV8Sc @bahiawilson @CaveArtPress1… https://t.co/vxINZ9oCPz
- April 17, 2019 - Almost Mortal selected as Book Of the Day by OnlineBookClub a full three years after release. Kind… https://t.co/WIhB8ptDxk