Gerald A. Schwartz
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Alexandria, VA
Focusing his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, Gerald A. Schwartz is the founder of his law firm based in Alexandria, Virginia. Representing clients throughout the state as well as in the District of Columbia, he assists people who have been harmed by the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities. The types of cases that Mr. Schwartz has worked on have primarily included truck and other motor vehicle crashes, but he has also helped clients who have been harmed by dog bites or who have been the victims of auto-pedestrian accidents. In addition, he has been reviewing cases involving birth defects to see if they were caused by the children's mothers taking Zofran to treat their morning sicknesses during their pregnancies.
During his career, Mr. Schwartz has been able to obtain several seven-figure settlements and jury awards on behalf of his plaintiff clients, and this has led to him being a life member of the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates Forum. His successful track record has also resulted in his receipt of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, and he has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Mr. Schwartz is admitted to practice in both Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Schwartz is frequently asked to deliver presentations to fellow attorneys on personal injury trial tactics, and he is the author of the "Virginia Insurance Law Book", a publication of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. A past president of that organization, he holds a Juris Doctor from the American University Washington College of Law. Prior to law school, Mr. Schwartz received a Bachelor of Science in pharmacy from the Northeastern University Bouvé College of Health Sciences.
About Gerald A. Schwartz
First Admitted: 1975, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.geraldaschwartz.com/about-us.html
- Virginia State Bar’s, “First Day in Practice Seminar”
- “One Man” Virginia Trial Lawyers Association’s “Master of Advocacy” full day seminar in Richmond, Norfolk, Roanoke and Fairfax, Virginia
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Virginia, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Master advocate, 2007
- Super Lawyers
- Virginia Super Lawyers since 2007
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers since 2008
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime member
- Top Lawyers in America, Lifetime member
- Past President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia College of Trial Advocacy, Faculty member
- Elected President of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2006
- Northeastern College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions in Boston, MA, Honors graduate
Last Updated: 5/15/2022