Since joining Arquilla & Poe in early 2012, Michael Poe’s practice has focused on domestic relations and family law. Mr. Poe has extensive experience in the litigation of child custody, visitation and support issues; spousal support; equitable distribution of marital assets and debts; and the negotiation and preparation of property settlement agreements. Mr. Poe is also well versed in issues of military retirement, disability pay, the Survivor Benefit Plan, the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Mr. Poe is a graduate of the William & Mary School of Law, where he was a member of the William & Mary Environmental Law & Policy Review as well as the school’s Domestic Violence Clinic.
First Admitted: 2011, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.aalaw.com/attorneys/michael-l-poe/
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2016
- Virginia Rising Stars, Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys, American Jurist Institute, 2017
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Family Law "10 Best" Attorneys for Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Speaker at Conference titled "Military Affairs and the Courts: Issues Confronting Practitioners and the Bench" sponsored by National Bar Association. , Speaker , Military Affairs and the Courts: Issues Confronting Practitioners and the Bench, National Bar Association, 2017
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023