Joshua H. Erlich
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Arlington, VirginiaThe Erlich Law Office, PLLC
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Civil rights, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 2011
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
The Erlich Law Office, PLLC2111 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201 Visit website
Attorney Joshua H. Erlich is the founder of The Erlich Law Office in Arlington, Virginia. Serving clients throughout the Washington, D.C., region and northern Virginia, Mr. Erlich devotes his time and resources to fighting on behalf of those treated unfairly at work as well as those who experienced a serious violation of their civil rights.
A tenacious litigator and highly effective mediator, Mr. Erlich advocates strongly on behalf of his clients' rights and best interests both in and out of court. Through his efforts, he helps those he serves obtain the justice they seek for a wide range of discriminatory and unlawful practices, including all types of labor and employment law violations, excessive force by law enforcement, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, defamation, invasion of privacy, assault and more. He also negotiates severance agreements and other employment contracts for his clients.
Mr. Erlich graduated from Louisiana State University in 2006 with dual degrees in history and the classics. He then attended Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2009. He also received his Master of Law degree in taxation in 2010 as well as a certificate of employee benefits law.
While in law school, Mr. Erlich contributed to Georgetown Law Weekly and served as a legal research and writing fellow, focusing primarily on ERISA litigation. In addition, he was a finalist in the 2009 American Bar Association Law Student Tax Challenge.
In 2011, Mr. Erlich received his license to practice from the Virginia State Bar, and in 2012, The District of Columbia Bar admitted him to practice. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, as well as the U.S. Tax Court.
He is highly active in his legal community, as evidenced by his membership to numerous local, state and national bar associations, and he once served as co-chair for the Fairfax Bar Association Law Practice Section. He also serves on the board of directors for Open Arms Housing.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Civil rights, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Employment litigation: defense, General litigation
Employment law - employee, Labor law, Employment discrimination, Employment law - employer
- 50% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Civil rights
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 2011, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.erlichlawoffice.com/joshua-erlich.html
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Fairfax Bar Association Law Practice Section, Member Since: 2012-2013
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Diversity Conference of the Virginia State Bar, Member Since: 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Arlington County Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Equality Bar Association, Member Since: 2014
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Fairfax Bar Association Law Practice Section, Co-Chair
- Young Lawyer Liaison to Litigation Subcommittee of ABA Tax Section’s Employee Benefits Committee, Member Since: 2011-2013
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Dual Degrees, B.A., Majors: History and Latin, Honor: Dean’s List and Eta Sigma Phi (Classics Honors Society)
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., Major: Taxation with Employee Benefits Law Certificate, May 2010, Honors: Finalist, 2009 American Bar Association Law Student Tax Challenge, LL.M. Section
- Arlington Bar Association
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Virginia Employment Lawyers Association
- Virginia Equality Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
Office location for Joshua H. Erlich
2111 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2021