Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Arlington, VA
Attorney Mikhail Lopez is a founding partner of Lee Lopez Law in Arlington, Virginia. A top-rated trial attorney with over a decade of legal experience, Mr. Lopez focuses his practice primarily on criminal defense and family law litigation and mediation. He provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout Northern Virginia who stand accused of any type of felony or misdemeanor offense or who need assistance dealing with a traffic violation. He also handles family law and divorce cases, ranging from support and custody issues to equitable distribution issues.
After working for several years as a civil litigation and criminal defense attorney, Mr. Lopez co-founded his own practice where he could realize his goals of providing highly experienced, compassionate advocacy and support to those in need across his region. Possessing an abiding passion for the law, he works diligently to protect his clients' rights and interests, and he always strives to achieve the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves.
Over the course of his career, he has earned a reputation as an effective problem solver who is able to devise effective strategies aimed at preserving his clients' freedom and liberties or suggesting creative proposals to solve family-related issues. In addition, he leverages the latest in technology in order to represent his clients efficiently and to improve his level of service.
A 2007 graduate of the College of William & Mary, Mr. Lopez obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law in 2011. He is admitted to practice before all Virginia state courts as well as the Virginia Supreme Court, the Virginia Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. He also practices before Virginia's Circuit Courts and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
Regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Lopez has conducted numerous lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics involving criminal law, marijuana laws and other subjects. He has also served as president and treasurer of the Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia, and he is an active member of the Fairfax Bar Association and the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- 50%Family Law
- 40%Criminal Defense
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Appeals
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
About Mikhail Lopez
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/22201-va-mikhail-lopez-452929...
- Virginia Criminal Defense Lawyers 2013 – present
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia 2013-present, President (2016-2018), Treasurer (2014-2015)
- Fairfax Bar Association – 2012-present
- Court Eastern District of Virginia District Court
- Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District
- Virginia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals
- Commonwealth of Virginia (2012)
- Presenter, Marijuana in DC, VA, and MD CLE (2019)
- Presenter, Microsoft for Lawyers CLE (2015)
- Presenter, Marijuana Laws in the DMV CLE (2018)
- Editor – Criminal Law Book (2017)
- Presenter, Basics for Personal Injury CLE (2016)
- Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars – Selected 2016 to 2019
- College of William & Mary – 2007 – Bachelor of Arts in English
Last Updated: 5/15/2022