Top Rated Land Use & Zoning Attorney in Arlington, VA
Attorney Nicholas Cumings is an associate with the Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh PC law firm, which has offices in Arlington, Leesburg, Prince William and Winchester, Virginia. Working primarily out of the firm's Arlington location, Mr. Cumings has over eight years of legal experience, and he serves the needs and interests of clients across Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C., and the surrounding areas of Maryland who are dealing with complex and pressing legal challenges involving land use and zoning.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Mr. Cumings gained significant experience handling rezoning matters, acquiring special permits and exceptions, title issues, real estate litigation, local government matters, and financial services litigation with another prominent law firm in the area. Utilizing his in-depth knowledge of the law and extensive resources, Mr. Cumings has assisted numerous clients across his region with protecting their rights and obtaining the favorable outcomes they deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. He has become an indispensable member of the firm's legal team.
In recognition for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Cumings has earned top rankings from his peers along with many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients. A 2008 graduate of the College of William & Mary, he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2011 from the College of William & Mary's Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
Along with holding his license to practice in Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Maryland, Mr. Cumings is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the District of Maryland and the District of Columbia, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the District of Columbia.
Having established himself as a leader in his legal community, he is the current president-elect of the Fairfax Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section, and he maintains active involvement with other local, state and national legal organizations. He also serves as a board member of the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.
About Nicholas Cumings
First Admitted: 2011, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://thelandlawyers.com/professionals/cumings/
- Past President, Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors, Fairfax Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for Maryland
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board member, Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Virginia and District of Columbia, 2015-2018
- College of William and Mary Bachelor of Arts, 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022