Thomas J. Colucci
Top rated real estate attorney in Arlington, VirginiaWalsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C.
Practice Areas: Real estate, Land use & zoning; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 1972
Education: American University Washington College of Law
Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C.2200 Clarendon Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201 Visit website
A seasoned attorney providing legal assistance to the residents of northern Virginia, Thomas J. Colucci is a founding member and shareholder of Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh PC. Based at the firm’s Arlington office, he focuses his practice exclusively on complex real estate transactions and has over five decades of legal experience in cases involving:
- Land use and zoning
- Acquisition, sale and financing of residential and commercial properties
- Joint ventures
- Condominium development and documentation
- Eminent domain
- Real estate tax assessment, appeals and consultation
Mr. Colucci provides services to people from various spheres of life, including purchasers and sellers of home properties, homeowner associations, loan payers and recipients, landlords and tenants.
Possessing a wealth of knowledge about Virginia's laws associated with real estate and its market, Mr. Colucci understands the intricacies, lengthy bureaucratic processes and substantial costs that come with residential and commercial real estate deals. He assists his clients to evade costly and drawn-out mistakes by offering dedicated legal advice.
Upon attaining his Bachelor of Arts from Fairfield University in 1969, Mr. Colucci went on to complete his legal studies at American University Washington College of Law in 1972 and shortly after was licensed to practice law in Virginia.
Mr. Colucci has active memberships in the American Bar Association, the Virginia State Bar and the Arlington County Bar Association. Furthermore, he is heavily involved in his local community, acting as chair and a board member of Virginia Hospital Center as well as a member of the Regional Advisory Board for Virginia Commerce Bank. Moreover, he has volunteered with Doorways for Women and Families as co-chair of the Corporate Ambassador Program.
Honoring Mr. Colucci’s professional accomplishments, the Virginia Business magazine recognized him among their “Legal Elites.” He was also named to the list of Top Lawyers by Washingtonian Magazine and is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ falls into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Land use/zoning
Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant
- 90% Real estate: business
- 10% Land use/zoning
First Admitted: 1972
Professional Webpage: https://thelandlawyers.com/professionals/colucci/
- Virginia Hospital Center, Board of Directors and Chair, Long Range Planning Committee
- Doorways for Women and Families, Co-Chair, Corporate Ambassador Program
- Virginia Commerce Bank, Regional Advisory Board
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating)
- One of Washingtonian Magazine’s “Top Lawyers”
- Washington, D.C. “Super Lawyer,” Law & Politics Magazine
- Virginia “Super Lawyer,” Law & Politics Magazine
- Voted among the “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1969
Office location for Thomas J. Colucci
2200 Clarendon Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2019