Billy Ring Hicks
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaB. R. Hicks, PC
A highly regarded criminal defense attorney, Billy Ring Hicks is the founder of B. R. Hicks, PC. He is located in Fairfax, Virginia, and he offers representation to clients throughout Fairfax County and other parts of the Commonwealth. Mr. Hicks has been in Private Practice since 1979. He is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Hicks’s client base is composed of people who are facing state or federal criminal charges. The types of cases that he has worked on during his distinguished career have included weapons violations, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, homicide, sexual assault, drug crimes ranging from possession to distribution to manufacturing, domestic violence, money laundering, extortion, probation violations, fraud and juvenile offenses. Mr. Hicks has been able to obtain positive outcomes for his clients, including bench and jury acquittals, charge dismissals and reductions, and favorable plea agreements that he has negotiated with prosecutors. His successful track record has resulted in his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Hicks went to East Carolina University on the G.I. Bill and received a Bachelor of Science in 1970. He then put himself through law school at the American University Washington College of Law by working as a police officer before graduating with his J.D. in 1976. Prior to opening up his law firm, Mr. Hicks spent three years as a prosecutor for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Personal Injury - Defense, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Traffic Violations
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 40% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.brhickslaw.com/attorney/bill-r-hicks/
- East Carolina University, B.S., 1970
- Virginia, 1976
- District of Columbia, 1979
- Chairman, Criminal Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Board of Governors, Criminal Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Top Criminal and Personal Injury Lawyers, Norther Virginia Magazine
- , Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- , Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers
- , Super Lawyers
- Active Supporter of the Smile Train
- Active Supporter of the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Active Supporter of the NAACP
- Active Supporter of the ACLU
- Settled a motorcycle/car accident case in February, 2010 for $865,000, where the medical bills were just under $100,000.
Office location for Billy Ring Hicks
10521 Judicial Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023