Daniel M. Rathbun
Top rated real estate attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaRathbun Bateman, P.C.
Practice Areas: Real estate, Civil litigation, Construction litigation view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 1988
Attorney Daniel M. Rathbun is a partner with Rathbun Bateman, P.C., law firm in Fairfax, Virginia. A nationally ranked trial attorney with more than 32 years of total legal experience, Mr. Rathbun provides exceptional representation to a diverse range of clients throughout Virginia and the surrounding areas of Washington, D.C., who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Plaintiff civil litigation
· Construction litigation and mechanics liens
· Real estate law and litigation
· Estate and probate
· Will contests and breaches of fiduciary duty
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Rathbun has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge and outstanding legal abilities as well as his unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and interests and helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Recognized for his success, he has earned a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
A 1983 cum laude graduate of Christendom College, Mr. Rathbun attended Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1988. The Virginia State Bar admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Rathburn served with the 5th District Disciplinary Committee from 1999 to 2005, and he is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Fairfax Bar Association and the Real Property Section of the Virginia State Bar.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: consumer, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Construction litigation: consumer, Estate & trust litigation, Business litigation, General litigation
- 20% Real estate: consumer
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Construction litigation: consumer
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1988, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://rathbunbateman.com/attorneys/daniel-m-rathbun/
- B.A., cum laude, Christendom College
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Member of Virginia State Bar Real Property Section
- Member of the Fifth District Disciplinary Committee, 1999-2005
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Office location for Daniel M. Rathbun
10427 North Street, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018